chapter fourteen

you fake a gasp as he takes his shot and misses all the pins, "is the genius not good at bowling?" you question him as he turns around with an embarrassed look set on his face. he ignores you, a faint smirk on his lips, he watches as you take your shot and knock all the pins down...

your snapped out of your thoughts are the large metal door is pushed open and in walks casey. you don't know how long you've been gone for, you're just hoping the team knows you're gone.

"here, drink this" casey says as he holds out a water bottle to you before looking back at you and chuckling, clearly forgetting you're chained from the ceiling.

"i forgot" he says as he opens the bottle for you and helps you drink it

you're hesitant to drink it, but it was an unopened bottle and you're throat feels as dry as sand paper.
once you finish you watch as he caps the bottle and throws it off to the side, placing his hands in his pockets as he watches you watching him.

"let me tell you a story, one you've never heard before..." he begins.

you roll your eyes as he begins speaking, not wanting to listen to any half ass excuse he comes up with. you know he sees you roll your eyes, but clearly opting to ignore it.

"you know, i had a pretty good child hood, family outings... family time... unconditional love," he scoffs before continuing on, "but at one point that all just stopped. mom turned into a slut, started fucking other guys, then dad started doing drugs. you know one night they both didn't come home? i was left alone, an 8 year old! left alone in a house. that, that was the first mistake" he exclaims making you jolt slightly.

you never knew this, you thought your grams and pops were excellent people. but no matter what he says, no matter what he does, you'll never ever trust him again. he killed your mom, he abused you both mentally and psychically and now this. 

"stop, just stop! i don't want to hear about your childhood! nothing you can say will redeem you, you've kidnapped me! you killed mom..." you croak out, flinching when he abruptly stomps over to you and grasps your face with his fingers, your jaw aching as he squeezes tighter.

"i don't remember asking you to speak" he whispers, shoving your head away as he releases it, placing a kiss on your forehead.

"you know he made me watch? he made me watch as he fucked some slut from the streets, on my bed! as a 9 year old that's horrifying, so don't you ever try to say you had it hard, if anything, you had it easy" he seethes before he looks you up and down before walking out of the room, the door slamming shut behind him.

your head hangs low as you think about your time with the team, your time before the team, your childhood...

"mom! look, it has blue wings with a little white! it's so pretty" a young y/n exclaims as the magnificent butterfly lands on her palm, it's wings fluttering in the wind.

she carefully runs over to her mom who is seated in the park bench reading a magazine. as her mom stands up and admires the butterfly herself, a large smile forms at her daughters excitement.

"buttercup! what's that you got?" asks her dad admiring the butterfly in her palm before it flys away, disappearing in the sky.

a frown appears on y/ns face before her dad speaks up, "i have a little surprise for you" he says and it's only now that she realises his hands are rested behind his back.

"what is it?" she asks, a big squeal forming form the back of her throat as he brings his hands to the front, revealing the new book series she'd wanted for the longest time.