chapter fifteen

"you're lying" cat says as she approaches you, the knife she held in her hand rising.

"cat i swear i'm not lying," you whisper to her, "he killed your mom and then he killed mine and he only used you to get out of jail. c-cat he made you kidnap me! he's brainwashing you" you tell. she seems so gullible at the point, you feel sorry for her.

"just shut up!" she shouts as she begins storming out of the room.

"cat i know what it's like! why would i lie about this when i know exactly how you feel- i miss my mom everyday and no one should experience that type of pain" you tell her, watching as she hesitates before walking out.

you drop your head in exhaustion, you really thought she'd side with you. if she doesn't save herself now, she might not make it out of this alive.

hotchs pov:

"garcia?" i ask as she comes rushing in the room, laptop in hand.

"cat adams, her cell phone last pinged 3 hours ago at an abandoned warehouse set to be demolished in 1 month. i checked the surroundings, there are none" garcia rushes out to us, her panicked state beginning to show.

i look over to reid, noticing him still reading the letters he'd spent hours reading already.

"reid?"

"he mentions it- the warehouse. he used to work there when y/n was a baby, it's gotta be it" he rushes out as we all nod and begin running out the room, heading for the suvs and driving to the warehouse.

"we'll establish a plan when we get there" i say to everyone riding in my car, and the speaker phone on call with rossi in the other car.

your pov:

you were stupid to think cat would actually believe you, you haven't even got proof yet. but you really believed that as a child losing her mother so young, that she would want answers. or that maybe as she got older she'd start to question what really happened with her mom.

you know you did.

you look up as the metal door opens, cat jogging in.

to your surprise she walks over and pulls a key out of her pocket, unlocking the padlock securing your chains. your weak body falls, your legs taking a while to gain movement, your wrists absolutely numb. you're finally able to get up, resting your hands on your knees as you catch your breath.

"come on we have to go, now" cat orders, attempting to help you walk.

that's when you see him, slowly walking in, hands behind his back.

"well, what's going on here? sister bonding? a surprise for father?" he asks sarcastically as he approaches slowly.

"just let us go" you whisper out, knowing it's no use.

he turns his head to look over at you, raising his eyes brows before pushing you out the way - harshly not in some loving way - before turning his full attention on cat.

you groan from the contact with the crates you fell against, "cat!" you exclaim, grasping your head and attempting to sit up as you watch casey attack cat.

"you betrayed me! you bitch, i trusted you!" he exclaims as he hovers in front of her face before wrapping his hands around her neck, his knuckles turning white from the intense grip he has. his grip is so strong he lifts her whole body off the floor as he strangles the life out of her. you're frozen. situated in place, unable to say or do anything to help cat or yourself.

just as you think cat is dead, she turns her head as best she can, mouthing 'run'. but you don't. cats lifeless body is dropped to the floor and all you can think about is how she's dead because of you. because you convinced her to help you, because you did nothing to help her. before you know it casey is storming over to you, grasping your collar and pulling you up, dragging out behind him as your legs give way.

"please!" you shout, knowing your time has come. he just killed cat for trying to help you and now, he's going to kill you.

"shut up" he spits as he drags you out of the room you were locked in and into a larger open space inside the warehouse.

as he drops your body on the floor you attempt to crawl away, you legs having lost their strength to hold your weight.

"why'd you kill her? you're a fucking psychopath!" you shout out.

"she meant nothing to me... just like you" he watches as you look behind yourself in an attempt to find somewhere to run. he cackles as he steps closer to you, grabbing your feet and pulling your body closer to his, your screams echoing off the metal walls.

"there's no escape" he tells you as he wraps his hands around your throat, his knuckles begin turning white again, that same look he had in his eyes when he killed cat.

this is what she felt. as she looked into the eyes of someone she trusted, knowing this was the end. this is what cat felt. this is what your mom felt...

the mention of your mom triggers something inside of you, your legs gaining strength. you take this chance while you have it to lunge your leg forward, kicking him hard enough to make him let go. you get up and attempt to run away, more so a jog. just as you're about to reach the door, casey comes behind you and throws you against the wall to your left, limping over to you. he crouches down so he's level with you, and for one last time, he wraps his hands around your throat.

behind him, you see your team sneaking in, guns at the ready, SWAT behind them. you've won.

"i won" you whisper to him as best you can, throwing your head forward and watching as morgan comes running over, flipping casey into his stomach and tightening the cuffs around his wrists, dragging him away.

spencer comes running over, helping you stand. he wraps an arm around you waist and holds your hand that's on his shoulder, starting to walk with you to the door.

your heads spinning, your throat is dry and aching, you should warn spencer, but it all happens so quickly. your body drops, spencer quickly manoeuvring around to catch your body right before you fall, carrying you out to medic.

the rest of the team watch as spencer cares for the girl he not long ago hated. they watch as he holds her hand while she's getting wheeled in the ambulance, the watch as he brings his lips to her hand before whispering something.

and they watch as tears fall down his cheeks as he rides with her in ambulance.

____
a shorter chapter today <3