Part 4: Rejection

"Hey kid, I've seen you walking around these parts of the market for about five times already, you're starting to look pretty suspicious you see."

An intimidating looking street vendor suddenly asked Subaru, His hair is green and he was wearing a black vest with a golden outline, Subaru also noticed that the man also had two large scars on his face

"Oh sorry about that, I'm looking for someone right now but I can't really seem to find her"

"Looking for a girl huh? what'd the lady look like?"

"She's pretty tiny, and she has long platinum hair that stretches down to her toes, you saw anyone like that pops?"

"What's with the pops? stop it, it's disgusting"

"awww, why not pops?"

"Because only my cute daughter could say that to me! Anyway, Did you ask the guards about her?"

"Already did but they said they didn't saw her"

"Well if the guards don't know then it's possible tha-, wait a minute.....Hey kid this girl you're looking for. was she only wearing a simple white cloth?

"You saw her?!"

"Now calm down pal, I caught a glimpse of someone like that while I was tending to my store, at the time I didn't see her as weird looking but now that I think about it now, she looked pretty strange...

"Where'd you saw her go pops?! I'm begging you! I've been searching for hours!"

Subaru got onto his knees and performed a Dogeza, the storekeeper was shocked at what Subaru was doing and said.

"H-Hey get up you idiot! you're scaring all the potential customers away!"

"I don't think anyone is coming here because of your scary face though?"

"You brat....do you want me to tell you where your girl went or no?"

"Ahhhh I'm just kidding pops! please tell me!"

Subaru prostate even further which caused the shopkeeper to let out a huge sigh

"Jeez.....I saw your girl walking in the direction of the bell tower"

"The bell tower? where's that?"

"Are you a foreigner or something? it's near the church that worships the divine dragon, the place is up north from here."

"A church huh.....Thank you so much pops!!"

"Yeah yeah....do you.....Nevermind, someone like you wouldn't know it. anyway you can express your thanks to me by buying some appas from me"

"Actually...I'm kinda broke right now......"

"Tch your useless then! get outta here!"

"Hahaha, I'll pay you back someday though, I promise"

"Yeah whatever, get yourself a job first"

Subaru waved his hands at the street vendor and headed towards the direction of the bell tower

After walking for a while Subaru finally reached the Bell tower, it's quite far from the commercial district so by the time Subaru reached the tower, the sun had already begun to set.

Just as the storekeeper said, the bell tower was near a church but is not connected to the building, which Subaru found weird because isn't a bell tower suppose to be part of the church or something? but pushed the thought away, he was in another world after all.