Part 6: Emilia

Subaru saw a beautiful girl.

She had tied up her long silver hair which reached her hips, her gaze was brimming with intelligence, she had soft features that were both seductive and youthful and she exuded an air of nobility that was quite charming.

her royal blue-toned garments weren't particularly flashy, and yet their simplicity emphasized her presence even further. The one conspicuous feature was the emblem on her coat, a bird resembling a hawk.

"I won't allow you to continue any further, stop this at once"

The atmosphere of the girl suddenly became intimidating, it sent shivers to all of the people in her presence

The grayish-blue haired man hid his weapon and turned in the direction of the girl

"Woah Woah Woah, we don't really get what's happening but we'll let this guy go! Please forgive us!"

"It's nice to see you all repenting for your actions. It's not too late, so please return what you stole it's very important to me"

"We promise not to...Huh? we stole?"

"Yes, I don't really have much time so please return it to me now"

Subaru felt the air around them become colder, which is a familiar feeling for Subaru"

"She....."

"W-Wait! ... you're getting the wrong idea lady!"

"Wrong idea?"

They pointed to Subaru which was across them, ready to fight

"Are ya here to save that guy?"

"... What strange clothes he's wearing, the look on his eyes is also pretty weird. was there some internal strife among you? I can't approve of you ganging up on him like that, but if you were to ask whether or not I have any sort of connection to him, I'd have to say I don't."

The girl thought that they were trying to distract her and so she gave out a tone of irritation, the three sensing this, started talking in a hurry

"If you didn't come to save this guy then we have nothing to do with each other! The girl from earlier was the one who probably stole from you!"

"Yeah, that's right! The girl from earlier, she ran up the wall onto the roof!"

"R-Right! She's probably three streets away by now"

Her eyes met Subaru and were seeming to ask if they were telling the truth

Subaru taking advantage of the situation, said.

"Huh? what are you guys talking about? aren't you three in cahoots with that girl?"

"What are ya talking about ya bastard do you wanna die?"

"I'll turn you into mincemeat ya brat!"

"Stop kidding around kid!"

The three were flustered and screamed at Subaru

"I knew it...."

The girl looked pissed, the cold atmosphere that surrounded her became even colder, and green looking ice started forming around her

"I gave you all a chance...but you choose to lie? Enough."

The ice was launched at incredible speeds and hit their stomachs, causing them to feel excruciating pain

"W-Woah so this is magic huh?"

Subaru felt a bit disappointed. Compared to the mystery of Pandora's ability, the magic that the girl used felt too realistic. it was just some lumps of ice rapidly coming into existence and disappearing just as quickly. There wasn't even the slightest hint of atmosphere to it.