one.

The sunrays shone through my window brightly blinding me awake. The distant trees flowing in the subtle wind as the cars beeped in the London traffic down below. I yawned stretching my sore limbs, from my job the night prior, ready for this hectic day to come.

It was too early in the morning giving me many hours to get everything ready. But it is how I cope dealing with my 3 brothers with no parental support at all. Not that I mind, my parents never really did anything but cause trouble really. 

I stood up and departed from my room. I strolled into my clean kitchen and started making breakfast at 6am. Simultaneously, I made them packed lunch for the school day. My brothers were very picky people which meant they wouldn't go near school meals. I didn't care because it gave me a reason to distract myself from my sickening thoughts.

I lived in a decent two floored house with 3 bedrooms. It had one living room, one large kitchen and 2 bathrooms. I saved up for years trying to leave my parents. Abusive parents. I was the first born so I had to raise them for myself at just the mere age of 6. I dealt with all kinds of abuse but 9 months ago. It became too much and we had to leave. Erica and Tobias went too far. 

Shortly after, I'd finished making everything and gotten ready for myself. Only taking a quick shower and doing my normal routine. Which consisted of waking my brothers, getting them dressed, giving them breakfast and taking us all to school. It was always been like that since we left our parents.

I had woken up my brothers and pushed them to get dressed while I waited in the kitchen. My youngest brother River, who was 6 years old, came inside first.

He was the brightest out of all of us. He'd always smile through everything and was a very confident boy. He wouldn't argue with what he had and was grateful for the smallest things. He was just very caring. He was everyone's friend and never judged them. He struggled with anxiety at the age of 6 and I only have my parents to blame. 

"Morning Helena." he greeted smiling tiredly. His uniform buttoned up as he sat himself down in front of some pancakes.

"Hey Ri. You okay for school today?" I smiled. I'd always ask if they were okay for school because I didn't want to push it on them after all they went through at a young age.

"Yep." he nodded. Seconds later, Roman strolled in with his bags.

Roman was sportiest out of all of us being the captain of his football team. He was a very popular person but really pleasant to everyone. He cared for anyone and made people smile. Overall making people feel safe. 

"Good morning!" he shouted making me chuckle at his usual self.

"Don't shout you weirdo." River whined holding the ear that was nearest to Roman. 

"Okay shush you know you love it." Roman laughed. He walked over to the kitchen island and sat down on a stool to eat. Lastly, Theo walked in throwing his bag on a chair. 

Theo was the smartest but the laziest. He was also this family's clown making us laugh at the smallest things. He was also one to get in trouble the most like me. I would almost always get called back when picking him up to talk about his behaviour. Even though he was diagnosed with IED, the teachers still tell me about his 'poor behaviour'. He still was well mannered and very nice in general.

"Hey suckers." he muttered tiredly. We greeted him back.

"Helena, I have practice after school so I'll be late tonight. Shit I'm going to miss the bus." Roman spoke with his mouth full. He grabbed his bags and blazer, kissing my forehead and leaving for high school. 

"Okay just text me too because I might forget. I love you." I shout as he leaves.

"You got it! I love you guys too! Bye!" he yelled shutting the door. I notice he left his lunch but I'll give it to him at school.