twenty-three.

Helena's POV:

Carefully, I walked around the corner and looked out for anyone. I ran across the hall but stopped when I heard a noise, I dashed over behind the pillar, securing the gun in my hands. Two men walked into the hall from the entrance on the other side.

I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger at one of them. The other man shot his gun, hitting my shoulder but I quickly aimed and shot his face. I held my shoulder and silently groaned in pain. I ran across the hall to the entrance and noticed the people running towards the hall.

"Shit, I should've brought the silencer. Zuko is gonna kill me." I whispered. I looked around for something to hide behind. My heart started racing when I realised there was nothing around... until I noticed the ladder on the wall. I ran and started climbing up with one hand strength. The men piled inside the hall as I reached the top.

I ended up on the roof and started running across to the other side. I could see my car from here but I couldn't exactly jump off since it was too high. I looked around for anything to help me not hit the ground too hard. A woman walked out with a gun looking around from me. I shrugged and jumped onto her. She screamed in pain but I was already running to my car.

In less than 30 seconds, I was racing across the street. My arm was still pouring blood through my black shirt. I couldn't exactly go to the hospital so I went to my dorm.

Once I got there, I shut the door and locked it then took off my shirt. I pulled out some tweezers and april's bottle of tequila. I stuffed a cloth in my mouth and poured it on the wound. I screamed in pain and my hands started to tremble as I stuck the tweezers to get the bullet out.

Someone knocked on the door. "Are you alright in there?" The person's voice was muffled so I didn't know if I knew them or not.

"Y-yeah I'm alright." I replied, holding in the scream waiting to come out my throat.

"You sure?"

"Oh my god! I'm fine." I snapped, harshly.

"Okay, then." they walked away and I stuffed the cloth back in my mouth. I took a deep breath and pulled the bullet out in one go. My head was sweating as I sighed in relief. I poured more tequila on it.

Fuck my fucking life.

***

I walked out of my class and saw a crowd in the corridor. I rolled my eyes and walked away. My stomach rumbled and I headed to my dorm. From the corner of my eye, I saw a boy running across the small field. I looked over and he disappeared.

I scrunch my face. I really need to stop hallucinating. I kept walking until I heard a familiar voice. I stopped and turned my head. Nobody was there. It was probably Zuko trying to test if I would out him. He's done it before.

"River come back!" someone shouted. I rolled my eyes and turned around to see nobody again. Zuko really wants an award, doesn't he?

Suddenly, someone nudged my shoulder to walk past me because I was blocking the way. Luckily, it wasn't my wounded shoulder. "Dude!" I snapped, even though it was my fault but still he could've said excuse me. He turned around and my eyes widened.

The guy in front of me was attractive. Like really attractive. "You bumped into me. Watch where you're going." he snapped angrily.

"Yeah yeah whatever, believe what you want." I snapped back walking away. Not way in hell am I going to admit it was my fault we bumped into each other. I'm too stubborn for that shit.

My phone buzzed twice but I chose to ignore it. Zuko was probably wondering why he hasn't had a new TV yet. All he does is going to whatever work he does, comes back and sits on his bloody ass all day watching TV.

Well at least, he'll try and do something productive now.

My phone buzzed again and I groaned of frustration pulling my phone out.

I found you a job at a restaurant.
It is called Padella.

You'll be working there in 3 days. You will go there right now and do your training until you start along with your uniform so you can iron it.

I hope you thank me later because you too lazy to find a job. You first pay check goes towards a new TV.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around to leave the building again. I started to pull my car keys out of my bag.  My blonde hair fell in front of my face covering my eyesight from everything on my left.

A ball came in my direction but I kicked it back still trying to get my car keys out.

"Thank you." The boy said. He sounded very familiar. Extremely familiar.

There's no way it could be him.

Instantly, I looked up and the boy was running back. Slowly I began to follow him. His back looked way too familiar.

"Linnaea!" I heard someone shout behind me. I turned around and saw April waving at me. I looked back at the boy but he was gone.

I sighed and walked towards April. "Hey!" I exclaimed, faking my happiness once again.

"Do you think you could give me a ride to the mall?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah sure, it's on the way of where I'm going anyways."

I finally opened the car using the key and we both get in. I don't hesitant to throw my back to the backseat.

"Where are you going anyways?" She asked putting her seat belt on.

"Going to training at my new job." I told her.

"Since when did you get a job" she asked, very confused.

I chuckled. "Since I accidentally broke Zuko's TV and I have to get money to get a new one." I told her.

"Now at least, he'll do something productive. He just sits on his high horse all day." She said, chuckling.

I laughed driving away. "I doubt it."

THANKS FOR READING!