Gratitude

When they were still at school, Vil usually was the one who tried to reach out for Leona.

Even though he'd say he hated someone who doesn't look for improving themselves, but somehow deep inside he believed Leona was different, that he would hone his skills if he'd be insistent enough. Leona only would follow Vil's demands just so he wouldn't be bothered for too long.

However, sometimes he would switch to the senior role and help Vil when he was noticeably uneasy about something, but in his own way.

One day he invited him to ditch whatever classes he'd have at that time to go on a stroll through the campus. Even though displeased with the suggestion at first, Vil followed him once, and surprisingly felt more relaxed with the break on his tough routine.

Vil, then, got to understand Leona a bit more, and as a sign he started to be less and less demanding of him. It wasn't quite a way to show gratitude, but more like a way to show he comprehended the older one a little more.

In their domestic daily life, Vil would still take care of him in matter of appearance and attitude, but Leona would comply because he acknowledge that's was just the way he showed his care and appreciation.