Inspiration

Leona was wrapped on the thought that nothing was worth of his time and energy, and he only would do something if it would benefit him somehow, or he was pushed to do.

The idea of entertain others with his oh too valuable knowledge and workforce, since he turned out really cynical about the expectations others have about him. Until he listened these words from Vil.

"How about you think that you're doing this for you? Not for your family, not for your country, for no one else. Just you."

After that, he considered that he didn't necessarily could do something just for the gaze of someone else, but for self-realization. To consider is a thing, but actual practice was something else entirely, but he'd been trying in his own time.

With Leona, Vil learned to manage his energy and focus without overloading with work. He was still a hard worker, however with time he realized that sometimes it wasn't worth to worn out if no one would see or appreciate his effort.

By time, it means a really long way to reevaluate what was important to him, and put his physical and mental health before whatever appointment he had. The difficult part was leaving his pride aside and admitting that Leona was indeed right in some aspects.