A (Not) Date

Naomi Monroe

I was anxious before interviewing Mr. Laurent and I knew it would be difficult, but goddamn was that something else. I don't know if I paid more attention to his lips or what, but the man seemed to be constantly licking them. And when he got really thoughtful, he'd stroke his facial hair and clench his jaw and I was doing everything in my power not to drool on camera. My hands were shaking uncontrollably with nerves as I took notes and my stress about whether or not he would notice only made the shaking worse.

Even now, as I turn off the cameras to hand them over to Joseph, my hands are still shaky and it doesn't help that I can feel Mr. Laurent's eyes on me. The man is 39-years-old and he leaks pure sex appeal. Are men like him the reason we have the term 'DILF'? But he doesn't have any kids — the man is oddly single... And sexy. He's probably a hoe, a very secretive hoe since there's no info—

"Ms. Monroe?"

The man interrupts my thoughts of him. And when I turn to answer, I'm met with a warm smile.

"Yes, Mr. Laurent?"

"I know the startup scene here in Atlanta is up-and-coming and I've been considering spending more time here... So, I was wondering if you'd be willing to show me around?"

"Oh, um..." I'm a bit taken aback by his question considering that his own socialite nephew is just down the hall and could easily be his tour guide. "Nicolas isn't showing you around?"

That's when an awkward silence hits and he just looks at me like I've just asked him the dumbest question in the world. I mean, Nicolas is a tool, but considering Mr. Laurent came here for this interview at his nephew's request, he must at least somewhat like him.

Finally the silence is broken when he speaks up. "Ms. Monroe, I'm asking you if you'd be willing to show me around. Are you done with work for the day?"

I hesitate when he asks. Technically, I am done with work since his interview was the only thing I had to do today, but I was planning to go over my notes as well as my copy of the video. However, after interviewing the man who has mostly eluded the public eye for so long, my curiosity is getting the best of me and I'd like to know even more about him. Not to mention that he is easy on the eyes and I wouldn't mind spending more time looking at him. Fuck! Does that sound weird?

Anyway, my curiosity will always win. I mean... I am a journalist, after all.

"Sure, just let me drop off my things at my desk and I'll meet you downstairs to show you around..." I look him up and down in his European cut suit and while he looks really good in it, it's still not the ideal thing to be wearing in Atlanta in mid-September. "Er, actually... I'm not sure if you noticed since I imagine you came here by car, but it's pretty hot outside. You might want to cha—" My throat goes dry for the umpteenth time today when Mr. Laurent removes his suit jacket and rolls up his sleeves before handing it to his assistant Joseph.

All bodies are good bodies; all bodies are sexy bodies, I tell myself as I try to resist lusting over this man's muscular physique. I often pride myself on defying society's bullshit beauty standards, but here I am internally salivating at the way this man's button up hugs his biceps and firm chest as I imagine what might be going on underneath.

Breaking my trance, I tear my eyes away from him and head to the door. "I'll meet you and Joseph downstairs, Mr. Laurent."

###

Sebastien Laurent

I can't help but smile at the reaction on Ms. Monroe's face when she sees me remove my blazer and roll up my sleeves. That gorgeous woman is definitely attracted to me. I'm not sure if it's as much as I am to her, but I'm hoping to find out while I spend more time with her today.