All of Me

One Year Later

***

Naomi Monroe

"This is so on brand for you, Mimi," Gianni says as she watches me get my makeup done. "Sebastien is definitely your perfect match. Y'all really went for a small, intimate ceremony despite both of y'all having enough money to do a destination wedding."

"Shut up, your ass just wanted to go to the Bahamas," I scold playfully. "And a small ceremony made the most sense. My parents can't go too far because of their jobs, Miles is in his first year of college, and neither of us have a ton of friends and family we would've wanted to invite."

"Girl, if you don't let Mimi have her day!" Eva chides from the couch. "Keep it up and I'll take your place as maid of honor."

With Sebastien and I opting for a small wedding, I don't have bridesmaids and he doesn't have groomsmen. Gianni is my maid of honor and Derrick is his best man.

"She knows I'm just playing," Gianni assures, looking at me through the mirror with a smile. "And besides, I'm the reason they're together."

"Bitch, what?" Eva gasps.

"Oh, here we go..." I groan.

"Yes!" Gianni exclaims. "I didn't tell you the story?! I'm the one who made her go on the first date with him. Did you know that this man sent her flowers and set up reservations at Mimi's favorite brunch spot and her ass almost didn't call him?! I had to pull some ninja shit to dial his number while she was doing my hair!"

"Oh my god!" shrieks an entertained Eva. "How haven't I heard this before? Is it true, Mimi?"

"Yes," I sigh.

"Damnnnnn," Eva drags out before turning back to Gianni. "I guess they gotta name a kid after you, Gigi."

"Damn straight," Gianni nods proudly. "And I'm gonna be godmomma to all the kids."

I shake my head. "Y'all really talking about our kids before we get to the alter?"

"What? I know y'all bout to have 10 of them since you can afford a nanny... or five."

"Chill!" I giggle. "We are definitely not having that many kids. And I'm focusing on my career before we even go there."

"Yeah yeah," Gianni says dismissively. "Well, when it happens like 15 years from now, I'll be here and probably still single."

All I can do is let out an amused huff and smile at my best friend.

Just as the artist finishes up, my mom walks into the room and her tears are immediate. "You look so beautiful, sweetie!" she beams and pulls me in for a hug. "I am so happy for you... For you and Sebastien!"

As tears brim my eyes, I feel breezes of air hitting my face.

"No crying, Mimi," Gianni warns and starts fanning me. "This woman just finished your makeup and we have 20 minutes until you're walking down the aisle. You're gonna have to hold it, girl."

"I sorry, sweetie," my mom apologizes, pulling away from the hug. "We can't have you crying just yet. Now, let me take you to your father so he can walk you down the aisle."

Sebastien Laurent

A lump is stuck in my throat as I stand at the alter awaiting Naomi to cross through those double doors. Just as tradition states, we have not seen each other today and I've been depending on Derrick to keep me calm. It's a small wedding at a beautiful chapel outside of Atlanta with our closest friends and family attending.