Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings

"You will need a tattoo." Kalluto says.

"Kalluto does not yet have one because of his age, we do not think he should get one quite yet." Chrollo explains. Kalluto's skin was fragile, I understood their concerns.

"I see."

"Where would you like your tattoo to be placed?" Feitan asks.

"Let's see." I think about it. I should've come prepared or asked the Zoldyck's where I should place the tattoo.

"Somewhere where no now will be able to see it." I say, not knowing the answer. I looked at Kalluto hoping he would give me some pointers.

"Maybe you should put the tattoo somewhere that marks where your ability is." He suggests.

"Oh, in that case, how about I get the tattoo on my back." I say.

"You'll need to get the tattoo before we let you do anything." Chrollo informs me.

"When can I get the tattoo?" I ask.

"Whenever you want."

"Well then, can I get it in a few minutes."

"Sure." Chrollo says.

"How big would you like the tattoo to be?" Feitan asks me.

"As big as the minimum requirement is." I say.

"Alright, your tattoo will be on the center of your back, and it will be directly between your shoulder blades. No bigger than that." Feitan informs.

"Okay." I respond. I braced myself for the tattoo. I hoped that I wouldn't get scolded for the placement of the tattoo. The few minutes went by in awkward silence and then I was told to go to the next room for the tattoo.

Hisoka told me that the pain for me would be about a six out of ten, but it felt more like a three. He must've not taken my training for pain into consideration.

All that put aside, it was surprising how fast the process of me getting into the phantom troupe really was. I'm surprised and confused by this whole situation. If I want to move forward, I have to do what the butlers told me to do to the last detail.

I wouldn't get very far if I kept asking questions about things that didn't need answering.

"I-I'm done." The tattoo artist whimpers. The phantom troupe kidnapped the nearest tattoo artist they could find.

"You did a good job. You may leave now. If anyone asks you what happened, refuse to speak about it. If we find out that you spoke about us to anyone, we'll kill you." Chrollo threatens him.

"O-Okay." He says as Feitan takes him and puts him where he found him.

"That was easy, especially since you had that outfit underneath those clothes." Feign references the clothes Illumi gave me.

"We've seen you on international news whenever we've watched the news, but suddenly, news coverage has begun to falter off of you." Chrollo explains.

"Maybe they just found other things to take coverage of." I say.

"I'm suspicious of you, so don't think I'll just let you roam around alone. A few members of the troupe will accompany you." Chrollo says.

"Phinks and I will, since we already plan on going into the game in a few hours from now." Feitan says.

"You should get some rest for now. There's a couple of rocks you can sleep on in the corner. Kalluto will wake you up when Feitan and Phinks want to depart and go into the game." Chrollo commands.

"I will, leader." I embrace the fact that I'd have to answer to Chrollo and that I'm now a dedicated member of the troupe.

I tried to sleep on the rocks, but I got such good sleep last night, that I didn't have the energy to sleep at the moment. The tattoo on my back was slightly sore, but I could handle it. The soreness would go away in about a few hours. Hopefully it would leave by the time we left for greed island.

After a few hours of procrastinating and thinking about how long it would take or me to leave, it was finally time to go.

"It's time to go. Oh, I forgot to ask. Do you have a memory card and a ring?" Feign asks.

"She should, she wouldn't come unprepared." Phinks says skeptically.

"I do, actually, I came prepared." I say.

"Maybe she isn't what I thought she was." He says, slightly offending me.

"What did you think she was?" Feign asks him.

"I thought she was coming into the troupe just to get away from her problems, I didn't expect her to actually have a valid excuse for being here." He scratched his head. I tried not to pay attention to him and moved on from it.

"Put your memory card in and use your nen on the box in order to enter." Feitan explained.

I knew how to do this, but I pretended like I didn't. Chrollo kept his guard up still and kept an eye on me so that I wouldn't make any trouble last minute.

I did as Feitan said and I was teleported to a white room with what looked like types of code and wires flowing inside of the walls. There was a woman there who looked young who was ready to enter me into the game.

"What is your name?" She asks.

"(y/n)." I respond.

"You can give two commands to your ring. Book and gain." She explains.

"How do I use them?" I ask.

"To use book, you must say it to your ring. To use gain, you must attain a card that can turn into something and say gain. This will turn the card into the object it was designed to be." She explains it.

"Have a safe journey." She says as I walk out into an open field.

There was a tower there and a small town in sight. Feotan and Phinks were waiting for me.

"There you are, let's get going, we're supposed to keep an eye on you. We have nothing to do, so this might provide us with some entertainment." Phinks says.

"We're going to head over to that village over there and see if we can collect any cards while we're there." Feitan says.

"Since we're in a game, in might b fun to play around a little, but try not to stick out too much or trouble might come your way sooner than it should." Phinks explains.

Hisoka taught me all about how to get cards to survive and he even told me to study some cards that people use the most in the game.

"Use book really quick." Feitan commands. I point my finger out and say book.

"You've only met us which means that no one else is around." Feitan says.

"Let's go get some cards." Phinks says. Getting cards seemed simple enough, but finding players seemed more difficult since I had to get specific spell cards for that. But, for now, let's have some fun with my new colleges. 

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!