Ch 37: Engagement!

"Well, should we get this party started?" I ask, pressing my hands together as if I were about to pray.

"Thank you for the food." I hear Illumi say.

"But you didn't even dish o-" I stop myself mid-sentence when I see that Illumi already had two plates full of food in his hands. The butlers each take one plate out of his hands and set it down on a fully decorated table with a sign that says 'engaged'. His family really went all out for this.

I sit down at the table right next to Illumi and start digging in with Illumi.

"Now, now, we can't just eat the whole time, once you're finished we should have some fun!" Kikyo, my soon to be mother-in-law, says.

"Yes, we should, we should make this day memorable. Since it will be memorable, why don't you memorize how you should call us?" Silva says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"For example, you should call Kikyo and I mother and father from now on."

"Oh, I see, okay, father." I say. He smiles.

"You can just call me Illumi." Illumi says.

"Alright," I giggle a little.

"Shall we have some fun?" Illumi asks me.

"Yeah, but what should we do?" I ask.

"We have a lot of things set up for you, there's more food and beverages, there's dancing available, carnival type games, like ring toss, and at midnight, we have an Olympic level gymnastic group performing in an open space in the garden." One of the butler informs us.

"Interesting,"Illumi starts,"I want to start with the games, then after some games, let's relax and try some wines and other beverages, then we should dance until the carnival comes."

"Sure! Let's do that, I can't wait!" I say, excited.

"Which game should we play first, the butlers set up those typical ones like shooting balloons, and knocking down tin cans." Illumi states.

"What game would you like to start with, Illumi?" I ask him, he seems eager to play, perhaps it's because he never played games like this just for fun.

"I would like to pop balloons over there." He says, while pointing to the large display of colorful balloons decorating a carnival like stand.

Illumi took out his pins and gave me some to use as we played. I truly had no idea how to play the game, so I just tried to copy everything Illumi was doing. Overall, Illumi won this game, and I'm pretty sure he was going to win the rest of them as well. Illumi's aim was much more precise than mine.

'You left me behind.' I heard a strange voice, like a distorted version of Avira's before Illumi and I played the next game. Illumi hired a bunch of people, so it makes sense if some words got mixed up amongst all of the people here. The question is, why did it sound like Avira? Where was he?

"Are you okay?" Illumi asks me.

"I'm fine, just have a little headache is all." I partly lied.

"Let's head to the next game, and remember, you aren't allowed to use any type of abilities, such as any nen power." He says, making sure I know not to cheat.

"Don't worry, Illumi, I won't cheat..." I say, smirking a little as if to make him think I was going to cheat.

"You seemed to be in deep thought, is there anything you need to talk to me about?" Illumi asks, concerned.