Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!

I felt my back for a second. There was something there. Oh, right! I had a backpack on that the Zoldyck's gave me. I take a look inside and notice a note beside fabric.

"Oh, I completely forgot about this!" I say, looking through my backpack. Illumi had packed away the outfit I used for my very first mission. The note read...

'I thought you might need this instead of those old clothes you always wear. I love you. From your love, Illumi' The note seemed awfully sweet. Sometimes I wonder if he takes classes for these kinds of things.

I made sure no one was nearby and out the clothes on. I realized that my tattoo was exposed.

"Oops." I say. I want to wear these clothes. I'll just wear a jacket for now, but if I need to, I'll take my tentacles out. I should have thought more about where I put my tattoo.

My job was only to get into Greed Island and check on Killua. Now that I have information, I should try to get back. How would I go about that? Snatching cards would still be my only option. I will have to find multiple leave cards to be safe, just in case I ever have to come back again. I have a strong feeling that the Zoldyck's will make me come back to the island. Since I'm already in Masadora, I'll just sneak up on anyone who has a card in their hand like I always do.

Multiple people walked out of stores in the city, but none of them had useful cards. I think I'll have to threaten someone. At first, I have to ask nice, and then hopefully they'll tell me if they have a leave card.

"Hey, you there." I say in the least aggressive tone I can manage.

"Yeah?" The scrawny boy replied.

"Do you, by any chance have a leave card?" I ask him politely.

"Actually, I don't, I recently used the leave card I got." He said. I used my omniscience to see if he was lying or not. He was telling the truth. I went around asking people over and over again, but nobody had had a leave card.

"Darn, I really want a few." I say.

"Hmmm~ what do you want a few of?" I hear a familiar clown ask me.

"Hisoka!" I say, startled.

"Come on, you can tell me." He says.

"I want some leave cards is all." I say.

"I can give you some." He offers.

"Uhmm, well...I." I stutter. I wanted to be able to get the leave cards by myself.

"I have a few to spare~ Anything for a friend." He smirks.

"How about this, you can help me gather some, but I'm not letting you give me them." I offer my idea.

"It's a deal, how many do you want?" He asks me.

"Maybe three at the most." I tell him.

"Hmmm~ Then I'll get you six." He winks. It sort of freaked me out, but thanks to my omniscience, I knew that he genuinely wanted to help me out. He puts on this mask that makes him have this flamboyant and weird personality, but there's more going on inside his head than just fighting the strong and the ones with potential.

"Do what you want, but let's just get three, ok?"

"Fine." He says.

I go with Hisoka and he snatches a few food cards for himself whenever he could. Leave cards were so rare, that both of us started to get hungry. Using some of the food cards he stole, we ate something in a little picnic. I heard mumbling and focused on it. It was strange, I didn't sense anyone around me, but I realized that it sounded like Hisoka.

"Hisoka, did you say something?" I say.

"Hmm~ Did you miss my voice that much?"

"I'll take that as a no." Why did I hear his voice?

I started hearing the mumbling again and focused on it.

'She's a strange one' I hear him say.

"I'm not strange..." I say.

"Oh? I didn't say you were." Hisoka was just as curious as I was.

"But..." I didn't know what to say, I heard his voice.

"I thought it." Hisoka looks at me skeptically. When his face was like that, I got nervous. It usually means that he doesn't like something. His face went back to normal soon, but I still had an uneasy feeling.

"What do you think is happening?" I ask him.

"I don't know, but I have a slight idea."

"What's your idea?" I ask him.

Hisoka POV

"Mind reading" I say plainly.

"So you're suggesting that I have...telepathy?"

"What else could it be?"

"I don't know, what if you said it out loud on accident."

"I don't do things like that on accident." I say.

(y/n) was unlocking powers without training to get them. In fact, the only times she gets the powers, is when she isn't training. Illumi told me to look after her as a favor since I owed him. There's something else going on. She thinks that everything's been revealed to her. But what could be being kept from her, and who's keeping it?

During that ball, she got all of the family's side of the story, but there was one person who didn't tell her anything. Grandmother? Father? Cassandra? No. It's Avira, her brother.

(y/n)'s POV

Hisoka's mumbling was getting to me more and more, but I couldn't understand what he was thinking about.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask him. He was thinking long and hard. He looked towards me slowly.

"Nothing of importance." He smiles.

"Alright." I say. He's probably in his own weird thoughts.

"By the way, can you tell me everything about your brother?" Hisoka asks me. I guess Illumi didn't tell him everything.

'I have to figure out what's being kept from her.' Hisoka thinks. Wait, am I able to differ thoughts and speaking now? Why is this ability progressing so fast?

"Sure, I'll tell you everything I know." What was he talking about? Was something being kept from me?

I told him about how I met Avira, and about all the information I had on him, but Hisoka looked like he wanted, or needed, more information.

"That's all I have." I tell Hisoka.

"That's quite alright, it's enough for now." He says. I know he was lying. Something told me that he was going to dig deeper into whatever he needed to know. Was Hisoka keeping something from me? What does he know?

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!