Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)

Hisoka told me that people might try to attack me, and when that happens, I have to take out my book as a bluff. The phantom Troupe and I were going to keep our guards down, so hopefully nobody will do that to us.

"(y/n), let's get some cards before anyone attacks us." Feitan suggests.

"Alright." I say. I go in a certain direction where the cards should be, but they seem to be going in the other direction.

"Where are you going?" Phinks asks me. That's right, I have to act as if I know nothing about this place.

"We should head over and get some food before we do anything else." I say.

"I was starting to get hungry, let's head over to that restaurant." Feitan says, grasping his stomach.

"Fine, but we shouldn't be there for too long." Phinks growls.

"We'll be quick." I say. Feitan and I run off towards the place and Phinks lags behind.

"Hello there! If you can finish this meal in under 30 minutes, you'll get it for free!" A chef proclaimed.

"I like free things, let's do the competition." Says Feitan.

"We should sit down over there, less people will see us." I suggest, pointing to a table in the corner of the room.

"Let's chat a little." Phinks says.

"We want to talk to you about cards in Greed Island." Feitan says.

"We want you to help us gather angel's breath, we have another objective, but it doesn't quite concern you." Phinks says the last part coldly.

"You need to get all 40 spell cards or reach the maximum card limit and get a voucher which will change into an angel's breath eventually." Feitan says.

"We're also going to steal some cards, so we'll need you to collect spell cards to steal and look at other players cards." Feitan explains.

"Alright, I will do that." I say.

"Eat so that we can get that card." Phinks orders.

"Ok." I start to eat.

"I finished already, so I'm going to talk to you a little more."

"We want to accumulate money, so we want card number 13," Feitan starts," We have no idea how to get it, so stealing would be the ideal option."

"Do you have anything that keeps you lucky, such as a lucky charm or a lucky coin?" Phinks asks me.

"I don't have anything, no." I say.

"Well, before we get that card, we'll need you to get something similar to that. We'll also try to get something similar to that ourselves, we can't let you be doing all of the work."

I stuffed my face with the food and we all finished our plates before the thirty minute time was up.

"Oh no, you really did finish! I'll have to give you the food for free! Here have this as a reward!" The chef gave us a card as the reward and we left the store.

"The monthly contest to get the paladin's necklace was yesterday, so we'll have to wait another month." Feitan explains.

"Listen, we both have mixed feelings about you, even since the chain user killed some of our friends, we've had mixed feelings about getting new members."

"You're member number is number nine, which belonged to our old friend. We're trying our hardest to accept new members, but it's hard for us."

"I'll try to do my best." Was all I could say. They were still grieving over their friends death, and I was just a replacement for a number.

There was awkward silence after, but we managed to travel a far distance away from others. Whenever we say somebody holding a card, we snatched the card and got away before they even noticed that the card was gone. Feitan was really fast and Phinks was strong when he used his ability. I was able to see if anyone had a card out in their hand that we could take. By the end of the day, we managed to get about 20 different cards.

Sure, there was a lot of players around, but we didn't have any cards to just steal from their binders, so it was only the ones who had a card out at the time.

Most of the cards we stole were for food and water. Fortunately, we wouldn't run out of water because we got the card that let's you have infinite water, pitcher of eternal water.

Of course, this man was using it in a place where he thought no one would find him, but he didn't even use zetsu to hide himself well. I wanted to find Gon and Killua, but I had no idea where they were. Hisoka did mention something about them wanting to get stronger during their time in Greed Island.

I used my ability of being able to see nen lifeforms in order to find entities that were training around us.

Finally, I found an Enhancer, a Transmuter, and a Transmutator. But, who was the Transmuter? They must have found a teacher like Hisoka said they would.

Feitan and Phinks decided to snatch some more cards for fun, and they told me to scout out areas where we could have a small hideout. I did what they instructed before going in and seeing what Gon and Killua were doing.

Their teacher noticed me right away. But, this way, Gon and Killua will also notice that I'm there. I wanted to sneak up on them, but I'll have to get to them a different way now.

I started walking towards them is that they would be able to see me. Gon and Killua noticed who I was the moment they saw me walking towards them.

"Don't worry Bisky-san, she's our friend!" I heard Gon tell their teacher excitedly. Killua and Gon started walking towards me.

"How have you two been?" I ask the two boys.

"We've been training a lot." Killua answers me.

"Oh, what have you been learning?" I ask.

"Maybe you can stay and watch us practice!" Gon looks at his teacher with puppy dog eyes. After a little while, she gives in.

"Fine, but you have to get back to work now, she probably has other stuff to do anything, right, boys?" She tells them.

"Oh yeah, why are you here on Greed Island?" Killua starts to interrogate me.

"No reason in particular, I just thought it would be a nice change." I say, which was partly true, but I was here partly against my will.

"Oh! I also want to collect some cards, it seems like fun!" I say excitedly.

"We're training today, so you can do that by yourself." Killua says in his usual sassy tone.

"Alright, I'll watch you guys train for a few minutes, but then I have to go." I say.

"Okay!" Gon says in his normally innocent tone.

They were focusing on emitter training from what I could tell. They focused on shooting their aura from the palms of their hand in order to break a boulder placed in front of them. Feitan said that he would come and meet up with me and Phinks at the city of Masadora so that we could steal some spell cards.

Gon and Killua worked hard on their training and didn't slack off in the slightest. After a while, I started to fall asleep after they were doing the same thing for hours.

"I think I'll head out, make sure to show me how much you've improved when you see me again!" I say, trying to motivate them.

"Okay, we'll do that! We'll become even stronger!" Gon said motivated.

I got the Masadora, but there was no nen sign of them being there, they must've been having fun somewhere else. Time to snatch some cards. 

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!