Chapter 11. Breakfast

Early December had rolled around as Ron, Hermione and Harry we're sat at their usual table in the great hall, tucking into breakfast and admiring the newly decorated Christmas tree that sat in the corner of the room. 

Harry's thoughts we're elsewhere though, consisting of one thing and one thing only, the beautiful blonde Slytherin. They had been meeting up secretly for the last month now and Harry wanted to burst out to his friends and explain to them why he'd been extra cheerful and relaxed the past few weeks, but keeping their little romance private was the best thing to do at the present time. Until they had figured out between themselves how serious this relationship between them really was, they agreed to keep it to themselves. Plus, having a naughty secret, Harry thought, was absolutely thrilling.

Ron was eagerly digging into a heap of breakfast food, his plate piled with eggs, bacon, sausages, toast and beans.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione said eyeing up Ron's second plate of breakfast

"Im hungry!" Ron moaned shovelling another forkful of eggs into his mouth

"Yes but sweetheart you also polished off an entire sharing tray of pumpkin pasties last night. You went to bed clutching your stomach in agony"

"Well... its a new day... a new meal" he smiled, spraying crumbs across the table

Hermione shook her head as usual, flattening out her morning copy of the daily Prophet and sinking into the pages. Harry laughed to himself, quietly sipping his coffee enjoying the usual banter between his friends. "You know you two a perfect together, right?"

Hermione rolled her eyes smiling down at her paper

"You know I love you really 'Mione" Ron clambered sweetly, picking up her hand and planting a kiss

"Love you too Ronald. And thank you for getting egg all over my hand"

"Anytime" Ron winked

"Anyway..." she sighed wiping her hands on a napkin. "I've really been enjoying getting to know the other students in our year actually. I was a little reserved at first but most of them are lovely. Plus I think our new common room is far nicer too"

"I'm just happy I get my own bedroom now, no more listening to Harry snoring every night! " Ron beamed, stabbing his fork into a sausage

"I think it's great" Harry agreed with Hermione, letting his mind drift to the idea of being able to sneak to and from Draco's room as often as he wanted, causing him to smile harder

"I've spent some time getting to know the group of Hufflepuff girls that are sharing with us, they're all very sweet. I should've made friends with them sooner really." she furrowed her brow thinking about how she'd always been closed off before and never really branched out to meet new friends, that would be a positive change she would make this year. "Heather is very studious and asked me to join her in the library on Friday afternoon for a study date, I'm really looking forward to it"

Harry raised his eyebrows and gave a positive nod at her enthusiasm, then holding his cup with both hands, took another long sip of his velvety warm coffee. He peered over Hermione's shoulder to see Draco perched at the table next to his friends, where he was also sipping on his morning coffee and playfully smacking Pansy's hand away from him where she let out a laugh

"So how is quidditch practice going with Draco, Harry?" Hermione asked curiously. Harry snapped back to his table and felt a mini rush of panic thinking she knew everything, thinking she'd seen him staring at him, before realising she was only referring to the quidditch practice, that was all she knew about anyway.