Roman's Dad

Both Roman and Navja were awoken by a sudden shriek. Then another, but that came from them because... well, this wasn't exactly a position they thought they'd ever be in.

They stared at each other, their eyes wide in confusion. Roman's cheeks blushed red as she scrambled off of him.

"What - "

"Why were you - "

"I - " Navja rubbed her head, "What the heck?"

He squinted at her, racking his brain to remember. She was asleep, he tried to wake her up, then she went on the couch, then he went there, they fell asleep.... that was it.

"Nothing... how did you get that close to me?"

"Forget that, why was I asleep on the couch and why were you there too?"

"I don't know, you said you liked the couch, and then you told me to come,"

"And you agreed? Are you crazy?"

"I'm not crazy," he defended, "I was just too tired to have an argument with a sleep deprived stubborn Hufflepuff,"

Navja sighed and looked at him for a second before stretching out her hand, "Get up Athernon, you need to get back to your dungeon,"

"It's not a dungeon," he said as he took it, "It's just near the dungeons,"

"So... basically a dungeon,"

Roman exhaled, pulling himself up while they made their way to the library door. There was no one inside, not a single sound escaped the echoey aisles. The bookshelves stretched for what seemed like a thousand miles, but they knew that it was a reasonably sized library. To them though, the door was basically unreachable.

An awkward silence filled the air as they walked, and then, Navja noticed that they were still holding hands. She quickly retracted it, running it through her hair. Roman was probably doing the same thing. Now it was even more awkward.

In these situations Navja would probably say something, but... what was she supposed to do?

"You kept talking about when we were younger," he said suddenly.

She made a face, "I did?"

"Yeah..." Roman trailed off.

Then she did something that surprised her, "Did I talk about couches?"

He looked a little shocked for a second, but he smiled, "You did, how we used to sleep on the couch together,"

Navja laughed a little, "Your family was a nightmare,"

"Remember when my grandma tried to scare you into being a blood purist?"

"Of course I do! That lady..."

"Was definitely something," he finished

"Yeah," she smirked, "Something,"

He took a deep breath quickly and asked, "How's your grandma?"

"Oh, she's fine," she answered just as quick, "But she does miss you, she's asking why you won't come over,"

"Your grandma... is nothing like mine,"

"She could get better," Navja assured him, "If she could let go of the whole pureblood thing,"

"She's not even a pureblood!" he whined, "And every time I bring it up she gets all offended like 'Roman Lumos Athernon, how dare you say - "

He was cut off by Navja trying to stiffle a laugh. He made a face, "What?"

"I forgot your middle name was Lumos,"