Draco's Not a Stalker

Why was he here? In this position? Draco looked like a stalker, which he obviously wasn't but you wouldn't be able to convince anyone who saw him like this, hiding behind a pillar staring at the place Astoria stood a moment before in interest.

Why was he awake at the moment? He had a nightmare, simple answer, everyone in his year had nightmares. Most of them about the war. It was common knowledge that people would wake up screaming or yelling out their friends' names in the middle of the night. 

Mentally, everyone was at least somewhat scarred. Physically... Well, no one really likes to talk about those injuries.

This particular nightmare started off normal as all nightmares do. Draco was sitting on his bed and then, out of nowhere, Dobby appeared. A knife was in his chest, glassy-eyed, he approached him.

"Hello Draco!" he greeted cheerfully, "Have you seen Lady Bellatrix? I must return her weapon,"

Draco crawled backward, pale-faced,  his back hit the wall.

"No need to be scared," Dobby assured him, "This wasn't your fault, it was your family's fault! They killed me, not you!"

"Of course Dobby," a new voice said, Sirius Black, "It wasn't his fault,"

His head shot between the two, he heard someone else, "Poor boy,"

The voice was soft, Draco immediately recognized it, "Professor?"

There was a shriek of laughter, Lavender Brown, "No need to call him Professor! We're all dead here!"

Not true, Draco told his dream self, Sirius came back

"Oh but he died first," Lavendar said, tilting her head to the side, she regained her cheerful attitude, "But you didn't kill him!"

"Yeah!" Draco had to look down to see this one, "It wasn't you,"

He felt his stomach do a flip as he saw how young the boy was. Younger than him, maybe sixteen? He recognized him as the boy who followed Harry around in their second year. Colin Creevey held a camera in his hands, the same way he used to when he was eleven.

He brought it up and said, "Could you smile? I don't have any good pictures of you, you're always sad,"

"Always...sad?"

Colin didn't respond, instead, he approached him. Draco couldn't move. There was nowhere to go anyway, but his legs wouldn't do anything. All he could do was stare in fear as he got closer and closer until he was on the bed too.

Colin raised the camera higher so that it was covering his face, "Smile!"

A huge flash filled his eyesight and then - 

'Is he dead?'

'No Goyle, you idiot. He's having a nightmare,'

Draco opened his eyes before simply staring at the two boys looking at him. 

Finally, someone spoke, "Um - Are you okay?"

He blinked, "Yes,"

"Oh," Blaise looked away slowly, and awkwardly, he went back to his bed.

Goyle looked back down at him, "You sure?"

Draco nodded quickly and just like Blaise, he went back to bed, leaving Draco to stare at the top of his bed.

For the first three minutes, he didn't do anything, then, quietly, he got up and made his way out of the commonplace careful not to wake anyone. The sun was coming up, he noticed, but when he went upstairs he found every professor awake.