Magic and Myth

Magic and Myth

"The mist worked," Thalia muttered in Ancient Greek while poking her spaghetti.

"It'd be kind of bad if it didn't," Katie said in the same language, "Percy's got to keep his powers under control. I get that he's been... there, but these people aren't demigods. They wouldn't get it,"
"How are we going to stop his nightmares?" Nico asked warily, "Or is flashbacks? We're not in the same house,"
"We'll probably have Herbology with him," Katie said, "Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors are always together,"
"And when we're not there?" Thalia countered, "It's not like we can just leave class,"

Nico suddenly had an idea, "We can't do it, but others can,"

The two girls eyed him in confusion, "What?"

He shifted in his seat and began to wave his arms as he spoke, "I can get one of the ghosts to keep an eye on them. They can have shifts or something. They don't really do anything in school other than give people directions. This way, they can do something with their lives - death, sorry,"

"That's not actually a bad idea,"
"So we have plan?"
Katie shrugged, "It's as good as a plan we can get. We don't have an Athena kid with us,"
Nico smiled (which was something that was still quite rare) "Great!" he said accidentally hitting Dean Thomas in the face. 

~~~~~~

The Hufflepuff table was... definitely something. It was loud like the Gryffindor table, but it was the it was a place that pretty cool plans and pranks were being discussed. Some people were really smart, really smart, but they didn't seem to care as they laughed along the stupid and somewhat corny jokes.

Percy had a feeling that these people were Hufflepuffs, but they were all the other housed too. Just without the faults.

"Um," he cursed himself of how many times he did this, but he still wasn't good at meeting new non-demigod people, "Hi?"
A girl with brown eyes, he recognized her as the person they met at the entrance, turned to look at him. Well, it wasn't as if he wanted to stop any conversations, and she was the only one not having a conversation, "Hi," the girl said quietly.
He assumed that her black hair used to have blue streaks at the front because it was now a washed out teal color. 

They stared at each other for a second, obviously remembering the awkward conversation before. Percy broke the silence first.

"So... this is a pretty cool place. You've been here for a while, what's it like?"
"It's cool, but I'm pretty sure everywhere with magic is cool. I remember the first time I got in here," she sighed, "God, why'd I have to go to school with Harry Potter,"

He let his eyes leave hers for a moment as he tried to look at the boy in question two tables away. He had to admit, he looked a lot like him, kind of weird. At the moment, Harry was eating his food looking as if he was having a serious conversation with Hermione and Ron.

"What's with that guy? Why's he famous?"

"What?" Navja gave him a look as if she couldn't believe anyone could be this... stupid, or maybe he was just oblivious, "He's the chosen one. The boy who lived. The child of the prophecy - "

Percy winced, "Oof,"

She tilted her head, "Have you ever been in a prophecy?"
"Once or twice. It sucks, a lot,"
Navja developed a very excited looking face, "Really? What were they?"
"See, I can't actually tell you that, but, um, you don't want to be in one. It's either complete it, or a very bad thing happens,"
She nodded, "Oh,"

"So, about Harry?"
Navja sighed and put her elbow on the table, "Where to start? In our first year, our DADA teacher had Voldemort stuck to the back of his head and was trying to bring him back. In our second year, there was a killer basilisk that was trying to 'purify' the school," she rolled her eyes like she was saying 'Honestly, can you believe the audacity?'

"Harry, Ron and Hermione saved the day, and the basilisk was killed. Oh, that was also a plan to get Voldemort - " Someone flinched from the other table, " - back. Um, in our third year a serial killer broke out of wizard prison and he was 'trying to kill Harry' because he was a 'Death Eater', turns out he wasn't a serial killer or a Death Eater. We had an actually good DADA teacher there, but, he left after people found out he was a werewolf. Honestly, I couldn't care less,"