Far From Home

"What do you hope to accomplish, skulking about in my domain?" Zalga questions me from her glossy throne.

I want to speak, but I'm unable to. All I can do is stare at the floor and hope she forgets I'm here. She's going to kill me if I don't respond. Just speak already, goddamn it!

She rises from her throne and shrinks to the size of Slenda before putting a finger under my chin, "Is this better? What were you doing, (Y/N)." Zalga makes sure to say my name loudly, as if to say she knows plenty about me already.

I can only shiver and stare.

Sighing, she steps away and the Rake chuckles behind me.

"Did you find out anything new concerning Erebus?" Zalga turns her attention to Scarecrow, who stands up straight upon being spoken to, "I can no longer track him using my Pact."

"He is still missing in action, Mistress," Scarecrow reports.

Erebus? Slenda never told me about them. Are they a new Terror? Zalga must really be going for a power-grab with how fast she's growing and mobilizing. Kagekao starts to pat me down and remove my hidden knives. She gets the ones in my sleeves, chest, legs, boots, and even the back of my hood. I scoff when she holds them all up to me. Kagekao waves the knife Jackie gave me in front of my face and keeps it for herself. I click my tongue, seeing my mask in her hand as well.

Zalga makes her way over to me again, returning the chills to my spine once Kagekao leaves, "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Tired, even?"

"Wh-What do y-you mean?" Is she planning on starving me?

She picks me up and sets me on my feet, "I am asking if you would like something to eat."

Fearing the worst, I don't respond, know it's all some sick build-up to torture. What's going to happen to me here? A Proxy landing directly into the lap of Zalga herself must be a dream-come-true. Zalga puts her smoldering hand onto my back and guides me to a dining room with a table far grander than Slenda's. She snaps her fingers and a Dreg dressed as a caretaker or butler bows before opening a door beside them, the sounds of sizzling, chopping, and cooking emanating from inside.

Zalga drags out a chair for me, which I cautiously take a seat in. Zalga walks around the table and sits across from me, putting one leg over the other to watch me with dissecting eyes. Kagekao and Scarecrow follow us in and stand behind me, most likely to make sure I don't try anything. Do they seriously think I'd make a move when Zalga is sitting right in front of me?

"Show me your hands," Zalga sits forward, "Tell me what happened."

I slowly hold my hands forward, knowing compliance is better than defiance, in this case, "Your Terrors," I glance back at Scarecrow.

"You must regret ever setting foot here," Zalga passes her hands over mine and, to my puzzlement, my wounds vanish.

I stare at my hands and flex my fingers. They healed instantly. Literally in the blink of an eye. Slenda never had the power to do this with us, or does she just not use it for her own mysterious reasons? Is Zalga trying to gain my trust? For what?

"If you think this is going to make me trust you," I clench my fists to hide my shaky hands as I sit back, "you're delusional."

Her grin doesn't fall in the slightest, "I am simply being hospitable towards my long-term guest."

That's bad news. I won't be leaving for a long time. Not on her watch, at least.

"You have yet to answer me: what are you doing in my forest?" Zalga speaks warmly.