Hide and Go Kill

Laying on the couch, my calf still aches from the time Ann tore a stick from it. She's gotten a little softer on me since our new friendship, so I guess I won't have to worry about something like that anymore... I hope. As long as I stay away from Angel, I should have nothing to worry about regarding Ann.

She lays in a chair beside the sofa whilst I rest my head on the cushioned arm. Tobi and Benny walk into the living room before flopping down next to each other at my feet. Both have dark rings under their eyes that speak of countless hours spent gaming late at night.

"I told you we needed to prepare before that boss fight," Benny mumbles and rubs her eyes.

Tobi, with her eyes closed, nudges Benny awake with a tick, "You w-were the one that ran in bef-fore we could plan, i-idiot."

"Don't forget who helped you get your loot in the first place, idiot," Benny leans onto Tobi as she stretches her legs out.

Benny opens her eyes and sees me at the other end of the couch, gasping before sitting upright and exclaiming, "Yeah, we wouldn't have won without my help! Soloing that whole raid was a breeze!"

Tobi narrows her eyes behind her goggles, "Th-That's a blatant lie! You d-died to-"

Benny jumps up, "Who died? You died! I finished the encounter alone by the skin of my teeth, y'know!"

At last, the yelling is silenced by the entrance of Slenda, "Benny, quiet down! The dinner will be done in a few minutes. Where are the others? Are they in their- oh my. All sloths – the lot of them. It seems I will have to clean the rust from you all."

Slenda claps her hands as Jane steps off the staircase and suddenly everyone is in the living room.

Jane pops in mid-walk, stupefied at the change, and stubs her toe on the sofa. Jess – who looks as if she was previously laying on her bed – hits the floor after throwing her knife into the air only to have it miss her neck by millimeters. Lulu appears bending over, accidentally putting her butt in Angel and Painter's faces; the latter of which appear sitting on another couch. Jackie falls onto Ann's lap while Jill materializes into the room mid-backflip, which she cheers loudly after landing. Clocky appears... above me!?

She knocks the wind out of my lungs after landing on my stomach and chuckles, "Sorry, (Y/N)!"

Slenda gathers everyone's attention, "Clearly you all have forgotten what it is like to exert one's body! You will be going through another Crucible, but it will be a bit earlier than previously planned. Unfortunately for you, your laziness begets such punishment," she looks at me, "except for (Y/N), of course, but he will be thrown in for the sake of experience. It will happen tomorrow morning at 4 AM. Whether you wake up beforehand is up to you. Regardless, I will wake you up myself."

A collective groan fills the room as multiple girls start pleading for Slenda to cancel this "Crucible." Clocky has yet to get off of me, so I continue to lay still, dreading as to what's going on, why it's so worrying, and my luck for somehow getting dragged into it.

"I will not hear it from you! Now, dinner is nearly ready, let us not soil the first meal that (Y/N) will share with us. That means no squirting Jackie's kidney blood at Painter, Benny," Slenda makes sure to cross her arms at the small girl.

Benny shrinks into the couch cushions, "I was just trying to make some art."

Something dings in the kitchen, and Slenda walks off to handle it. The rest of the girls head to the dining room with me in tow. A long, mahogany table takes up most of the room's center while antique chairs fill the rest. At either side of the room are fireplaces encircled by fire-blackened bricks. Slenda sits at one end and the girls take their seats.