For Whom Does the Bell Toll?

Three thumps disturb the late afternoon air. Three wooden targets fall to the floor with one arrow in each. Jackie's mouth falls agape when Rouge picks them up and shows her two of the arrows dead center and the third a little off target. Embarrassed at the last shot, I lower my bow and look at Jackie for approval. She beams with happiness and can't contain her smile as she locks eyes with me.

Rouge grins with pride, "(Y/N) was winging this, you know! It was only yesterday that he first picked up the bow."

Jackie walks up to me, a hand over her smile as she chuckles, "A joke, surely. That is... impossible. Is this true, (Y/N)?"

"Uh," I stare at the ground coyishly, "Yeah."

"You are a natural... You were born for killing," Jackie whispers, unable to peel her empty sockets away from me.

I strap the bow across my back, "Hearing that you'd be revived today made me really push myself, that's all."

Jackie looks down and huffs, "No, (Y/N), this is talent. This level cannot be reached in two days."

A rustling in the woods draws our attention away from the conversation. Rouge steps in front of us, reminiscent of a bear guarding its cubs. Angel enters the grassy clearing and Rouge laughs, letting her guard down.

"Forgot you went out searching again," Rouge whispers to herself.

Angel nods, her sharp hearing picking up on Rouge's monologue, "I believe I have a plan to capture the fake Proxies. Their souls would, after all, be more ripe after torture."

Jackie and Rouge glance at each other and grin, "Tell us more."

* * *

The sky outside the mansion becomes a bright crimson as dusk takes the stage before night smothers it in darkness in a couple of hours. Supporting my head with a fist, I stare out the window and nod off until Ann nudges me awake. Angel and Slenda have entered the room to begin our briefing.

"That is everyone," Slenda sits down in an opulent leather seat, "You may commence."

Standing in front of the fireplace, Angel clears her throat, "The fake Proxies have begun killing at an increased rate compared to before they witnessed (Y/N) and Jill. At least, that is my deduction considering the disappearances have increased in the area dramatically. Just walking down the street, I noticed four new missing persons posters. All of which were newly printed."

Slenda jumps in, "That must mean time is short. If police surveillance becomes prevalent... then we would have failed in preventing our folly from becoming a problem for Slenderman as well."

Angel continues, "On top of Jeff, Toby, Jane, Clockwork, and Jack, I also discovered the identity of the final Proxy: Helen Otis. A male, as Painter deduced at breakfast. All of them are hiding out in an abandoned cabin in the woods on the far side of the nearby suburb. Right under our noses.

"According to Benny, all of them are in their teens with the youngest being in middle school and the oldest being in high school. All quite young and dumb. It should not be a problem, although I believe they have a mastermind among them. They would not survive this long without someone with a brain running things and picking kills."

Everyone nods their heads in agreement and I continue listening with deep concentration.

"As for the plan, I believe we should all greet them in person, draw them out, and have them surrender to us using their own fanaticism against them. Promising them a spot in the mansion and recognizing their 'contributions' and 'professionalism' would certainly convince them to follow us into the wolves' den," Angel finishes, looking each of us in the eye for understanding.