17

TWO WEEKS

The two children sit next to each other on the couch. Euphie kicks her legs up and down while Seren watches the adults in front of him intently.

This whole day filled Tom with anxiety. He woke up three hours before his alarm and couldn't fall back asleep. He just laid there, thinking of every possible way this could go. When it was time to get ready, he couldn't even eat. He had no appetite, his stomach was doing too many loops to hold anything in. He spent too long trying to make his hair and clothes absolutely perfect, something that didn't matter much. He was trying to impress kids he already knew after all, so what really was the point? The ride to the house simultaneously like forever and no time at all. One second he was worried to death, feeling like he might just die there and then from lack of oxygen. The next second he was there, no time to recollect his thoughts. When he had knocked on the door this afternoon his palms were sweaty, sweater than they'd ever been at the time. But, that record was quickly beat right now as he looked at his children.

What if they don't accept him? What if they hate him?

Y/N was in a similar yet different situation. She was scared- terrified actually. What if Seren and Euphie hated her for keeping this from them? What if they wanted to go live with Tom instead? She knows they're three and can't really make those decisions, but it was still scary to think about. The thought of the people she loves most- the two she would do anything, including die, for- disliking  her even the tiniest bit was absolute torture.

Y/N bends down to their eye level, "I love you both, so very much."

Euphie smiles, "I love you too!" Seren, though, just looks between her and Tom, waiting, anticipating their next words.

"Everyone has a dad, right?" Seren's eyes flicker to the man standing a little off to the side. His stature is awkward, like he doesn't know what to do with the limbs he's had for his whole life. His hands are continuously rubbing against his jeans, wiping away the sweat that has formed. Seren and Tom make eye contact, only for Tom to quickly look away, though Seren continued.

"Yes." Euphie responds. Everyone she knew has a dad, Jungkook even has two!

"And you two haven't seen your dad in a very long time." Ever, actually, but she wasn't going to tell her kids that right now. "Would you want to see him?"

Euphie hums a yes, nodding. Seren smiles and looks between the two adults. Tom crouches next to Y/N, on the twins' level as well.

"Seren, Euphie," he looks between their eyes, "I'm your dad."

He intently watches their eyes, waiting for a reaction that feels years delayed. His heart was out of control, he could feel himself break into a sweat, his breath is faulty. And then it happens, a reaction.

"Daddy?" Euphie asks, looking at Tom. Y/N leans over and whispers the meaning of the word into Tom's ear. His heart aches and his eyes sting.

"Yeah," Tears fall down his cheeks, "I am." This was the happiest he's ever felt. Being accepted by his child, even after years of ignoring their existence. It felt magical, exhilarating even.

"Don't cry!" Euphie pouts and reaches out her small hand to pat the top of Tom's head, effectively messing up his hair. He doesn't care, though, he just leans into the touch before hugging her, the largest smile Y/N had ever seen on his face.

Seren, still staring between the two, finally opens his mouth to speak. "Where have you been?"

The fact that the question was even a possibility to be asked didn't cross Tom's mind. He was caught off guard, surprised and feeling vulnerable. How was he meant to explain this to toddlers? Barely even a human. He hadn't been in their lives for years, and there was no way he could ever make those years up.

Tom looks at Y/N for help, she looks into his panic-ridden eyes and gives him a reassuring smile, "Tom's been away for work."

She covered for him. She very well could have told the kids the truth and made them hate him- "Your father left you because he couldn't stand the thought of having a child." But she didn't. She even smiled at him- a smile that told him it would be okay.

"Yeah, I'm an actor." Tom turns back to the twins, smiling.

"You make movies?" Euphie asks

"Yeah, exactly."

"Do you love mom?" Euphie asks. It was an innocent question, but it gave Y/N so much anxiety. There was no answer to this question. If he said yes, their children would expect them to act like a real mom and dad, live together, and be together. If he said no, they would be upset, ask why.

Tom thinks for a moment, trying to find a way out of it, "It's...complicated."

Seren eyes him, "What do you mean?"

"Well..." Tom gives up, his head hurt from thinking, "that's  a story for when you're older."

Seren hums, in response, not very happy with the answer. 

Y/N watches the boy, he'd not fully accepted Tom yet. Seren couldn't get it out of his mind the way his mother had cried when this man showed up at their door the first few times. How she looked so uncomfortable to be around him. Seren had concluded that there was no way he hadn't hurt her before, and there was no way he'd forgive him anytime soon for that.

She wasn't going to lie, it comforted her a little bit. There was no way her kids would leave her for Tom, they wouldn't leave all they've ever known, they wouldn't leave the person they love the most.

Euphie smiles at Tom, calling him dad in Korean over and over again. They would have to teach her the English word for it, but that could be done later. Right now, all Tom was focused on was laughing and hugging Euphie, and then crying again when Seren decided to join the hug, too. Y/N just sat back, watching the three. Seren may not have named Tom as his dad, but he showed acceptance for the fact that Tom was his father.

Hey.

I hope you're doing well. How have you been?

I feel better than I did before. Thank you for all the kind messages, I really appreciate them.

 I'm on vacation right now, so that's why I haven't really been able to update. I swam with a  dolphin on Monday, that was cool.  I enjoyed it. Her name was Latoya I think, she was very cute. I come to Florida every year, but I always love it. like it never gets old, you know? I've been to like every single park in Orlando except for Epcot I think. Universal is my favorite. Harry Potter land is great, I have two wands from there and I want more. Also there's Marvel stuff in Universal, so I obviously like that too. We're doing sea world this time, though. The parks have been really empty, and I've been social distancing and wearing masks. The life guards, though- bro they look nice.

Anyway... I GOT ANOTHER TINY BACKPACK THOUGH. I have a Guardians of the galaxy one but I got an Angel and Stitch mini backpack and its so cute. I'd put a picture here but it wont work but if you look up Lilo and Angel mini backpack its the pink one where they're kissing and hugging and stuff. I love it so much its so cute.

I think that's all I have to talk about I think. I hope you guys have a good day/night wherever you are in the world and I'll see you soon.

-SIDEPHAN-