22

3 Days

Y/N holds onto Tom's hand. He lays behind her, spooning her. She can feel his chest rise and fall with each of his breaths, they're consistent and continuous. It feels like they'll always be there. They're reliable.

She knew there was irony there. His breaths are reliable, always coming and always present, and yet he had not been. There had been years where he wasn't consistent, unreliable, simply not there. Something about that was almost funny. She was sure he'd be there one moment, and he was gone the next. She was sure she'd never see him again, and yet here he is. Perhaps it's unfair now to think about then, he's changed.

She squeezed his hand, he's real. He's here. She's seen the way he's interacted with their kids. There's no way he can leave them now, not when they're real and alive and people. Not when they know who he is.

His breathing becomes inconsistent and therefore unpredictable. He's awake. Y/N waits a moment as she hears Tom yawn. When he finishes, she flips her body around.

He smiles, genuine sweetness and love there. "Goodmorning, my love." His morning voice is just as she remembered it being years ago, deep and raspy and yet it's somehow better.

"Sit up."

"What?"

"Please."

And so he does as he's told, sitting up while watching her do the same. And then she's in his lap hugging him. The hug is really tight, she's holding on for dear life.

"I hate you. So much." Shes saying this into his shoulder. "You left me and I was so scared and I thought I'd never see you again. But you're here. And I hate you for coming back here. You had no right to show up like you did."

She's still hanging onto him, "You've done so many horrible things and I hate you for them but you came back. You came back and I'm so happy you came back. I know you're leaving again soon but you're coming back and I know you are. And you love our children and you're going to be here for them for as long as you live because you love them." She looks at him, playing her hands on his neck, her thumbs on his cheek.

His fingers are linked together, resting on her back, "And you. I love you, too."

She rests her head against his, "and me." And then she kisses him.

Tom feels as though the world stopped. This is everything he's longed for from the moment he returned that night. Y/N back. To be in the same room, to be near his kids, and most importantly to have been forgiven. He missed this feeling, the way his heart buzzed when she kissed him. The way it felt to have his face touched so softly. He missed the feeling of her shirt and ger lips and her. He missed her.

He thinks that this is it. This is the moment it clicks in that this is the rest of his life. This woman and their current, and possibly future, children. He's certain there's marriage soon and a house in some part of the world after. He's certain they'd spend the rest of their short lives together and then whatever comes after that.

"We should wake the kids up." Y/N whispers.

"What do you want to do today." He opens his eyes and she looks so happy.

"I just want to be together today."

So they watched movies all day. Jin, Namjoon, and Jungkook joined them in the evening. All of them are a family. They love one another, maybe not as much towards Tom, but he'll get there.

ONE DAY

Tom was telling the kids all about America. He talked about how he would be filming a superhero movie and how long it would take. He talked about how they would call every night before bed and how he would be back as soon as he could. When he said he'd be back soon, he couldn't help but look over at Y/N. She was at a counter ordering the four of them drinks. He'd be back for Seren, Euphie, and Y/N. For all of them.