21

5 DAYS

"You really took him back?" Y/N adjusts the phone resting between her ear and shoulder, her hands preoccupied with the food on the stove.

"Yeah..." The reply causes a sigh to come from the other side of the phone.

"You better know what you're doing." Zendaya wasn't trying to be mean, she was just trying to look out for her best friend.

"I do, I promise. I'll be careful."

Zendaya hums on the other side of the line before suddenly gasping, "Bro."

"What is it?" Y/N flips the food in the pan. Resting on the side of the counter, Y/N takes her phone in her hand, letting her head and shoulder rest.

"Harrison just asked to meet up with me tonight."

Y/N smiles, "He's in LA again?"

It had become common ever since Zendaya and Harrison broke up that every time Haz was in LA, he would ask Z to go out with him. He had never given up on getting back with her, even after she rejected him plenty of times. It had been well over two years since Z had agreed to meet with him, but he still tries. It's kind of endearing, Y/N thinks.

"I guess so." The sigh comes across differently from all the times before.

"You don't want to say no?" Y/N asks, watching the food cook, making sure to not burn it.

Zendaya whines, "I owe him, don't I?"

Y/N's eyebrows scrunch. "For what?" Harrison hadn't done anything for Zendaya- she wouldn't let him if he tried.

"Telling me about the Tom thing."

Y/N laughs, "Shouldn't I be the one owing him then?" When the only response is silence Y/N continues. "Admit it, you just want to see him again."

"Fuck off, I do not."

"Then say no." Y/N commands, "Right now. Do it."

"Alright I will."

Silence fills the call for a few minutes. Y/N stirs the contents of the pan while waiting for the woman to speak again.

"I think it would be nice to pay him back like this. It's not like he would want anything from you anyway." Zendaya deletes the typed message on her phone. She wasn't necessarily wrong,  its not like he would have wanted anything from Y/N.

"No matter what way you have to rationalize it, I support you. You better text me updates, though."  Y/N rummages through the cupboards,  getting out plates and cups.

"You'll be asleep, though." Y/N can hear the taps coming from the other side of the call. They were quick, with small silent gaps between each bunch.

As Y/N's back is turned towards the counter, away from the door, a sneaky figure comes up behind her, a pointer finger over its mouth signaling the nearby toddlers to remain silent. Of course, as small beings, they giggled. Especially Euphie, she mimicked the figure while her face scrunched up with laughter. It wasn't anything to catch Y/N's attention though, as she was busy talking to her friend and making food.

That was, at least, until arms wrapped around her waist. "WHAT THE FUCK!" The woman screams, dropping her phone onto the counter and reaching for the knife in the sink while turning her body around.

The arms immediately retreat back to their owner followed by a "It's just me! It's me!"

"Mommy said a bad word!"

Y/N drops the knife and turns her head to the little girl, "Don't repeat that," before turning to her boyfriend, "give me one minute." She takes a few breaths before picking up her phone off the counter, "Z, I'll talk to you later, Tom's here."