19

ONE WEEK

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!" A small girl jumps onto a bed, over the lump in the center of it.

The lump groans, turning towards the small girl and slowly opening it's eyes. "What?"

"Tom's here." A small boy in the door frame speaks.

"You two can go open the door. Let me brush my teeth." She waves her arm at them, signaling for them to leave. When they do she stays in bed for an extra few minutes before brushing her teeth as promised.

When she finishes she finds Tom in the living room with the kids. The three of them sit at the small table in the corner, reading a book. Y/N sits down with them, listening to tom's voice as the words spiral out of his mouth. Euphie spurts words every so often, asking questions or adding extra, made up, details.

"And they lived on happily ever after, the end." Tom finishes. Euphie claps and Seren nods, approving of the storytelling skills presented.

Y/N turns toward Tom, "I believe we need to talk."

"I believe we do." The man responds, standing up from the floor. he holds out his hand for the woman. She looks at it for a moment, debating, before taking it and standing up. She quickly lets go, though, and leads him to the kitchen, away from the kids.

"Do you want a drink?" She rummaged through the cupboard, grabbing a glass.

"No, I'm alright." The man sits at the table, watching the woman move around, filling up the glass with water.

"So..." She sits down across from Tom, staring mostly at the glass in front of her.

"I only have a week before I leave." Tom says.

"The kids will be devastated." Y/N has a small smile on her face. Her feelings were conflicted and confusing. It was almost a sad thought that Tom wouldn't be around anymore, she had gotten used to his presence. On the other hand, though, the constant stress seeing him and going places would be gone.

"I think that's good in my case." Tom smiles wide.

"Yeah well," she looks into his eyes, "you're not the one that has to deal with the fallout."

Tom laughs, "that's true. I'll be back soon, though, I promise."

"What if I-" she pauses, thinking about the next words, "never mind. How often do you plan to come back? I plan to move soon, so we'll be busy." Y/N had recently been looking for her own house. She couldn't live with Jin and Namjoon forever, and Seren and Euphie are going to need their own rooms soon.

Tom sits up straighter at the word moving. "You're moving? Where? Back Home?"

She shakes her head. "This is my home for now. I'm staying here. My business is here." She holds the glass with two hands, bringing it up to her mouth to drink.

The disappointment in the man's eyes only flicker for a moment. "Yeah that makes sense. The answer to that question, though, hopefully whenever I can. I can always fly in to help you move." He winks at the girl, who rolls her eyes in return.

"How long is your next filming going to be?" She places the glass back onto the table, spinning it around.

"A few months."

"I should be away by then." The woman nods. She looks from the glass to his eyes and raises an eyebrow, "Don't track me down this time, yeah?"

"I won't. I'm done with that, I promise." His voice fades before picking back up again, "That is unless you disappear for a few years again."

"I had valid reasons, excuse you." Her eyebrows furrow, her posture goes upright.

Tom's body leans slightly back, his arms coming up in defense, "I didn't say you didn't. It was my fault. I'm sorry."

Y/N sighs, going back to a relaxed form and changing the conversation. "I think you should call the kids at least once a week."

"I'd like to try for at least four." Tom leans back into his seat, his hands falling on top of the table, tapping methodically.

"It would probably be at night for us, before bed." Y/N informs.

Tom nods, thinking. "I'll make time."

These words make Y/N smile, "Like a real father."

Tom looks down, instinctively hiding the large smile on his face, "Thank you for saying that."

Y/N nods, saying it's the truth. They fall silent for a moment before Y/N speaks again, "I'll work on my fear of going to England."

Tom looks up at her, eyebrows raised in surprise, "Really?"

"Yeah. I can't really promise anything soon, but I'll try."

"Don't force yourself to do anything for me. I can just keep coming here." Tom offers, setting off fireworks in Y/N's heart.

"That is quite possibly the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"Is the bar that low?"

"Yeah."

Tom nods, taking a breath in through clenched teeth. "We need to raise that."

Y/N laughs, nodding, "We really do."

The two sit in a comfortable silence for a while, thinking. Y/N bounces her foot, memories of years ago flashing through her head. Tom tries to gain the courage to say his next words.

Tom removes his hands from the table, moving them to his lap and wiping the sweat on them. "About the whole raising the bar thing, I have something else to say."

"Oh?"

Hey there.

How you doin hot stuff?

I hope you're doing good. Im on spring break, very cool, staying home.

If you celebrate Easter I hope you had a happy Easter. I got new clothes today and some money. I want to go to the thrift store tomorrow and see if I can find A mirror to lean against the wall in my room to take pictures in. Will I post them? No. But will it give me a sense of false confidence? Yes. Anything to feed my narcissism.

Anywayz, this is the last break of the school year. Kind of upsetting. But it's just three months. Hopefully it'll be easy and drama free knock on wood. 

I assume the majority of you can tell we're coming up at the finish to this story. Im really conflicted over it. I've grown up with it for the last four years and I kind of don't want to move on from it. I could definitely keep this up for a long, long time, but at the same time I really want to move onto other things that I'm more inspired to write and grow more as a writer. I know what I'm writing next and I'm very excited to release it into the world soon.

I think that's all for now. I'll see you all very soon. I love you all so very much.

-SIDEPHAN-