20

ONE WEEK

Tom removes his hands from the table, moving them to his lap and wiping the sweat on them. "About the whole raising the bar thing, I have something else to say."

"Oh?"

They look at each other, anticipation filling the air. Tom raises an open hand so that its just below his face. His mouth hangs open for a second before his body visibly shakes, forcing him to close his mouth and hand. His hand drops back onto his lap, and he once again wipes away the sweat. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

Y/N sighs, "You really don't have to say anything you don't wan-"

"I want to try again." Tom blurts out, opening his eyes.

Y/N's eyes go wide and her body moves backwards, "I'm sorry?"

"I want to try again." He says it more assertively this time, more confidence. She's heard it once, there's no going back now.

"In what way?"

"I want to try us," he points to Y/N and then at himself, towards his heart,  "again."

"Thomas," she pauses, crossing her arms, "are you asking me out?"

Tom tilts his head to the side, sucking in his lips, thinking for a moment. His head goes back upright and he nods, "Yep."

"That easily?"

"It was not easy." He places his hand on the table, "I've wanted to so many times and couldn't bring myself to do it."

Y/N bites her lip, looking down at the table, into the glass. "What if I say no?"

"Then you say no. I'll accept it." Tom's eyes stay focused on her, watching her every mood, listening for every breath.

"Tom..." Y/N's voice is soft, as if on the edge of tears.

"No Thomas this time?" It's light hearted, an attempt to make both of them feel better.

"Our relationship is so complicated already." Y/N looks up, meeting his eyes.

Tom feels his heart tighten at the broken look Y/N gives off. He can't say anything, just wait.

"You want to add a romance on top of it? A long distance one at that?"

"If there's a will, there's a way." Tom reaches out towards Y/N's hand, and when she doesn't move it he grabs onto it. "And trust me, there's a will."

Y/N's eyes close briefly with a sigh, "That's not the problem."

His voice is soft, steady, ready to listen, "Then what is?"

"I don't know if I can ever trust you that way again. And weren't you just reengaged?"

"She was never my fiancée. We broke up because I wanted to find you. You know I still love-"

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm not sure if I can trust you not to break me again." She pulls her hand from his.

Tom knows it's risky to say but he can't stop himself, "You wont know if you don't try."

She scoffs, "You're such an asshole, Thomas." There's a light smile playing on her lips, though she really did mean what she said.

"Y/N." Tom's words are serious, his eyebrows are raised, and his eyes tell her to listen.

"What?" Her voice gives off she's a tad annoyed. How could she not be? Her ex fiancé is asking for her to get back together after he hired a PI to track her down. 

"Is there any part of you that still loves me?"

The only sound in the room comes from Euphie playing in the other room.

Y/N sits up straight and her mouth hangs open, "What the fuck?"

"I need to know. Please." He gives off puppy dog eyes

"Of course I fucking do!" Her hands hit the table with a bang. Tom jolts back slightly at the loud noise. Her voice gets quieter now, "You were the first person I ever loved. You are the father of my children and you play so well with them. And you were so nice to us. And they love you... As much as I didn't want to, how could I have not fallen for you again?"

Tom's heart flutters. He knew deep down she still loved him, he knew the day they cried to each other outside a restaurant. He knew, but that doesn't change the pure extasy of hearing it from Y/N's mouth. That doesn't change that his heart is beating out of control or change that he cant stop himself from reaching over the table and grabbing both her hands.

That doesn't change him from saying, "If we still love each other, then it's still worth a shot." His eyes are pleading with her, begging for a second chance.

"Thomas..." She's still unsure, still weary.

"I promise I won't hurt you again." He squeezes her hands. "You can do all the hurting in this relationship. I will do everything in my power to make you happy."

She takes a steady breath in and then releases it. "Okay."

"Really?" There's a huge smile on his face, and when she nods, he can't help but get out of the chair he's in and pull her out of her chair too. He pulls her waist into his body, holding her tight with a hand on her lower back and the other on her upper.

She returns the hug, both her arms wrapping around him. "We have to take it slow, though." 

"I will go as slow as you need." He rests his head in the nook of her shoulder. 

Tom can't remember the last time he was this happy. Definitely before Y/N left- when they got engaged, maybe? Or maybe he had never been this happy. He knows his kids. His kids love him so much, and he loves them too. He gets to play with Seren and Euphie, he'll get to see them grow up. He'll get to grow old with heir mother, the woman he loves so dearly. The woman that means the most to him, more than anyone else ever could. And if soulmates don't exist, he feels like Y/N is the closest thing possible to having one.

Even if he only has a week before needing to leave for filming, he'd always come back. They'll be his home, wherever they are is wherever he'll return.

Hey there hot stuff!

How are you doing? I hope you're well.

I'm pretty good. I just had spring break, so I didn't have to stress about school. I started a new cardigan- baby blue and pink patchwork if you're curious. I have school in seven hours almost exactly- probably exactly when I hit publish. I should probably sleep.

Anyway, I tried focusing a lot on body language this chapter. It isn't something I'm particularly in love with, but ill definitely be incorporating some of it into my normal writing style. I think for the next chapter I'm going to focus a lot on detail and practice that. I'm still learning what my style is, it will ever be adapting- hopefully for the better.

I have ten weeks until school ends- no breaks. Really sad. I have my last PAST Wednesday, and then an AP exam and then finals. So exciting, mildly stressed, very not ready. WOO!

I think that's all I have for today. I hope you have a good day/night wherever you are in the world. I love you so much and I'll see you all soon.

-SIDEPHAN-