4

Dragging my feet down the gravel pathway, my hands forcefully jammed into the pockets of my skinny jeans I felt uncomfortably out of place. Niall, Scarlet and Liam were in front of the group, leading the way to the club with Louis and Layla following close behind, they were all chatting among themselves and then at the back was, me.

I always found my self in this situation when we were in a group, I don't know if it was because I truly never really belonged anywhere and people didn't like me, or I did it to myself as a defense mechanism. Either way was shit, because either way I always felt alone in a group of people.

I ran my fingers through my curly hair, regretting not taking the chance to fix it before coming out. I knew I would be alright once we were inside and I had a drink, I enjoyed going out and me and the boys always had a good time when out in London, which was at least a couple of times a week.

I decided to catch up slightly to the group, kicking the stones on the street across the floor by my black boots as I lightly jogged to the rest of the group. I walked straight past Louis and Layla to catch up with Niall, Liam and Scarlet and deciding to join in with their conversation, Niall was bragging about how much he could drink without dying because it was in his Irish blood.

"Niall- no offence but Louis drinks you under the table every single time." I interject, making my voice heard for the first time on this short walk.

Niall drops his mouth open, clutching his chest in a mocking motion "Styles, how dare you say that to me"

"It's true tho Nialler, you can't deny." Louis joined in from behind, "you pass out before I am even drunk most of the time." He laughed, grabbing his shoulders from behind.

"It's alright lad, you'll catch up one day." Louis laughed in his thick Northern accent and patted Niall on the head as he swatted his hand away.

"ger off you prick." Niall thumped Louis' stomach, and the play fighting ensued, as usual.

Louis and Niall always fought like brothers, we all did really, but Louis and Niall were basically the same person, only Niall was more forward and outgoing, Louis was more reserved most of the time. But they were both extremely sarcastic, both extremely quick witted and were always in competition with each other.

"It doesn't matter boys, because none of you have been out with us and no one and I mean NO ONE can out drink Laura. She is a beast." Layla reveals, seemingly very proud of her friend.

Niall and Louis stop and look at Laura, with questioning looks on their faces in amusement.

"It's true." Scarlet answers for Laura, "I have never seen anyone out drink her." she shrugs.

"Yet." Louis smirks at Laura, I knew he was about to make this into a competition, he prided himself on his ability to hold his liquor for some reason, he wasn't about to let someone come and dethrone him from his self - given title.

"Oh is that a challenge Mr Tomlinson?" Laura nudged him with her shoulder, narrowing her eyes on him as if she was sizing up her competition.

Oh this could be either amazing to watch or completely disastrous.

As we got to the club I saw the line out the door, it was so long, for fucks sake. It was such a British thing to queue, but man I hated every second of it. I had no patience for it. Me and the boys started heading to the line, Louis flicking his cigarette across the floor as we were approaching the line of people.

"Where are you going? " Scarlet chuckles, confused as to why we were walking away.

"To get in line?" Liam points his thumb to the queue, as if it was obvious.