10

~ TW - Vomit and blood

Harry Styles

I started stirring as the birds started chirping in their merry tunes, instantly pissing me off, my head was splitting and the brightness from the morning sun was blinding me before I had even opened my eyes, why is it so bright in here?

I managed to make it home last night in one piece but I didn't have my keys on me, so I slumped in the doorway waiting for the boys to decide to come home, I tried ringing Niall a million times but he was ignoring me, I was mid text to him when my phone died then everything went black. I felt a chill down my back causing me to shift position when I realized I was not in my bed.

I'm still outside.

Those bastards left me outside.

I stood up as slowly as I could, stretching out my back realizing bit by bit just how much I ache from last night, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I patted my pockets to look for my phone when I heard a jingle coming from my back pocket. I pushed my hand into the pocket to realise the jingle did in fact come from my house keys, I had them on me the whole time.

I was so wrecked from last night I didn't even realise, today was going to be rough. I had some grovelling to do with Louis, I knew that. I also knew I needed to speak to Niall, about my situation with Layla and what I should do, I knew he would give me advice but he was pretty mad at me too.

I unlocked the door with the keys and pushed it open with my foot, un-jamming it from the door frame. I heard faint sounds from the TV meaning someone was up, I had no idea what time it was and I wasn't sure I was ready to handle human interaction in my fragile state. I sighed to myself as I kicked off my boots, and threw my jacket on the hooks next to the door. I ran my fingers through my hair, exhaling slowly as I made my way through the living room door.

"Look who found his keys" I hear Niall bellowing with his mouth full from his cereal that he was sat eating on the couch, cross legged like a child on a Sunday morning.

"You could have woke me up and let me in"

"I didn't feel like it to be honest mate" He shrugged shaking his head, taking another mouthful of cereal answering me without looking at me. I opened the fridge taking out the orange juice before swigging it straight out the carton, gross I know.

I lifted the shirt up over my head to throw into the small laundry room we had next to the kitchen, wincing slightly noticing a bruise over my collarbone, how the fuck did I get that?

I sit myself down next to Niall, figuring it was best to start with him.

"Ni listen"

"Harry I get you're sorry okay you don't need to say it"

"No I do, let me say it"

There was a pause, a brief moment.

"I am sorry about what happened last year with, well you know who, I didn't mean anything by what happened last night either I was just dancing with a friend"

I started to explain myself.

"It didn't look like that from Louis' perspective Harry, you know what he is like"

"I know Niall but it's not like they are even going out with each other"

"Okay flip that round, what if you saw me, or Lou or Liam dancing like that with Layla, I mean you're not going out with each other but we all know you like her"

I stopped in my thoughts, the image alone of anyone of them dancing with her igniting the jealous rage within me, I felt my jaw tense. I was hunched forward leaning my elbows on my knees as I dropped my head in defeat.