6

Layla Reynolds

I watched Laura scramble in the backseat getting changed into the clothes I brought for her, sometimes I think this girl forgets who we are and what we need to do. Her constant tardiness always annoyed me, it was a true representation of how she was laid back and carefree, floating through life and at times I hated it. Although I think I only hated it because I wished I could be more like that. I was the complete opposite, I always calculated my every move, my life was like a game of chess to me. I was always pre-empting others moves and counteracting with mine, I hated being late, I didn't have time for people and their personal baggage, I had enough of my own. We were polar opposites, but that is exactly what made us best friends.

"You don't need to death stare me Layla, I am here aren't I?" Laura mumbled, catching my eyes in the rear view mirror, as she pulled the tight black cropped shirt over her head, smoothing her hair out the best she could.

"Except, I do. What do you think you were playing at? Hanging out there, semi naked, when we have an important job to do" I scolded her, keeping my eyes on the road but my attention still focused on Laura, who was now pulling up the tight black high waist jeans over her bare legs.

"Why do you care if I was semi naked?" I could hear her smirking, and I was really getting pissed off now, if I wasn't already. Laura is the one person who knows all of my buttons and exactly how to press every single one of them. It came with the territory of being her best friend, she was an excellent people reader, she knew exactly how to piss me off just with her tone, her wit and even her body language.

"I don't, but it makes life a whole lot more difficult for all of us if you are sexually or romantically involved with any of them" I cast my eyes back to meet hers in the mirror, her green eyes studying mine like she was looking for something in them.

She bit the inside of her cheek, like she was holding back from saying something,

"What? If you have something to say to me, please don't hold back" I stated in waiting for her to say what I know she desperately wanted to.

She climbed over the back seat to shift herself into the passenger side next to me, tilting her body to the side of me, so she was facing me, I could see her in my peripheral vision but still keeping my eyes on the roads that were leading us out of the city, becoming more rural the further out of London we were getting.

"Don't think I haven't noticed how you look at Harry" She said slowly, as if she was uncovering a big secret of mine. I couldn't help but laugh at how far off she was,

"Harry?" I manage to snicker inbetween giggles.

"Yep. I saw how your eyes widened on his tattoos, how you ogled his half naked body" She ran her hands down her torso, laughing to herself as if she was a complete comedienne.

"You are so far off, you have no idea" I shake my head at her, rolling my eyes. I could appreciate that Harry was good looking, but you can still find someone attractive when you hate them, right?

There was something about him that just annoyed me, his general presence just rubbed me up the wrong way and I don't know why. He hadn't particularly done anything to piss me off, but I am not a people person, I don't have time for people, so him wanting conversation and just being around him would annoy me. I almost get eye strain when I am trying too hard to not roll my eyes when he talks, he drags his words out and always answers in long sentences.

It's either that or he doesn't say anything but just stares around the room, I didn't like either way.

"I can't stand the guy" I mutter out, quieter than I intended.