three

I've always been one to wake up as late as I possibly can but still get to things on time, especially for school. I just feel like I get more out of my sleep that way. I get out of my bed and rub my eyes to wake myself up.

     When I get downstairs, Niall is making a pot of coffee. Since it's still brewing, I decide to take a quick shower. I make it really quick though because I  don't have the time for my usual long ones. When I get out, I go ahead and put on my school uniform.

     It's a black tennis skirt that hits below my knees and a polo that I'm supposed to tuck in. But, I usually fix it up so I don't look horrendous. I roll up the skirt until it hits where I would like it to and my shirt is in a size where I can't tuck it in because it'll just untuck. I put on those lacy socks that you'd see on a toddler and my school shoes.

     As for hair and makeup, I do a little more than for church. Mascara, concealer, blush and eyebrows. It still isn't much but its not like I have a bunch of time to do more.

     I get back in the kitchen and Niall's already made my cup. I look inside the thermos to see if it looks right.

     "Don't worry. I figured out your coffee ratio so it should be fine," Niall smiles. I'm sure he's only up at this hour to help me out with getup ready. Judging by his messy hair and the fact he's still in his plaid pajamas, tells me he isn't going anywhere soon.

     Calum: i'm outside

     I'm sure it isn't a big surprise that Calum drives us to school. My road is on the way so it isn't like it takes too much of his time. I grab my bag on the way out and jog to Calum's car.

Calum starts to pull out of my driveway while I'm still getting settled. Calum hates being late to anything.

"How did yesterday go?" He asks once we're finally driving on the road.

"I would say awful but something saved it. Basically, we did an art project with partners and of course my assigned partner was Michael. He was being annoying as usual. On top of that Niall ditched picking me up to take a nap," I say, almost choking at Michael's name. I hate saying it.

"Well, what saved it?" Calum raises his brows.

"Oh yeah, you remember Zayn? I think I've mentioned him before. Anyway, he gave me a ride home. Plus, I got his number," I say, not being able to hide the fact that I'm gushing over the memory.

"Ah, I see. Someone's gotta crush on the church boy," Calum chuckles.

"No, I just like talking to him," I look down at my lap to avoid showing that I'm still smiling.

"Mhm, when you come to me in a few weeks and tell me you like him, I'm gonna say I told you so," Calum nudges me with his elbow.

We pull into the school parking lot. We're usually the last ones here thanks to my sleeping schedule but that just means no traffic. Calum parks the car and we do a speed walk to the entrance. Calum and I have to go our separate ways until lunch.

The first half of the day goes by somewhat smoothly. It's all my easy classes: Math, science, and art. After lunch is when I struggle. It's english and history. These also happen to be the classes that I have to share with Michael. An awful way to end the day.

The lunch bell rings and I meet Calum in our waiting spot. Ashton is with him today. That only happens if Ashton's main group of friends isn't here. Ashton usually makes his time for us on weekends or during breaks.

Ashton is my ex. We dated from freshman year all the way to the summer before this one. We don't have any hard feelings towards each other. We went through every "first time" together, and yes, the big first time too. It was more of a growth journey really. The two of us learning what we like and don't like.