twenty one

I'm dating Michael Clifford.

     If you would've told me this fact a few months ago, I'd laugh in your face or ask if it's part of some scheme I had to get back at him. But it's not. I actually like him, as hard as it was for me to admit.

     I wake up a few minutes earlier than normal. I wanted to make sure I looked really good at school today. It's kind of like when you dress nice in hopes your crush sees you and instantly realizes they like you. Except the "crush" in this situation is Michael and I know he likes me.

I finish up getting ready, my hair is done and my makeup looks nice. I feel pretty. While I get dressed, I remember that I left a set of my uniform in Michael's car. I pick up my phone to text him about it.

Me: good morning xx i just remembered i left my clothes in your car yesterday

I go downstairs, Niall isn't there though. He left a note on the counter saying he had to stay in the college dorms until the weekend for exams. I shrug it off, texting him that I found the note and wishing him good luck on the tests.

I make myself some coffee, my usual of course. Niall finds it weird that I use oat-milk instead of regular when I'm not lactose intolerant. But I just like the taste better.

Calum's car horn goes off. I leave, locking the door behind me. I happily get inside the car.

"Someone's in a good mood. Whatever business you had must've went well," Calum smiles over at me.

"It went very well," I nod, plugging my phone into the aux.

"What "business" did you need to take care of anyway?" Calum asks me as he drives out of my driveway.

"I think you'll find out later at lunch," I nudge him, "I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, even though it probably won't be much of one."

I check my phone, Michael's responded to me.

Michael<3: good morning love. i know, i took them in and washed them for you. they're all clean and dry now :)

We arrive at school. The hours pass by fine. I actually end up getting some work done instead of being inside my own head.

Lunchtime, finally. I happily make my way to the lunchroom. I meet up with Calum and we go to our table. Harry must've made friends with some of the football people, Ashton and Liam to be exact, since he's sitting with them today.

"So, what's the surprise?" Calum asks as we sit down.

Michael and Luke come walking in the lunchroom, perfect timing. I wave them over to sit with us. Calum arches his eyebrows, probably feeling a little confused that I invited them over.

The pair see my message and walk over. Luke sits on Calum's side while Michael sits on mine. Michael rests his hand on my thigh, naturally, as he sits beside me.

"Ah, so you two made up?" Calum smiles, gesturing at both of us.

"Even better. I did what you told me too and," I look over at Michael then to Calum, "now I have a boyfriend."

Calum looks happy for the both of us, smiling just as much as I am. "Would now be an appropriate time to say I told you so? Because I'm pretty sure I predicted this would happen," Calum chuckles.

"Shut up Cal," I chuckle back.

The four of us get into conversation, a good one at that. That's when a girl walks over to our table.