twenty

Michael smiles at me, walking up to me to where our faces are inches a part. The rain falls on both of us. He rests his hands on my waist.

"I like you too, Dawn. I like you a lot actually," He looks down at the ground.

Warmness fills my chest, a smile forms on my face. I look down at his lips, which were still curled in a smile.

"Kiss me," I say, reaching my hand into his soaking wet hair

"Will do," He smirks into the kiss.

He pulls me closer to him as our lips collide. For a moment, I forget about the world around us. I'm only thinking about kissing the boy in front of me. Another crack of thunder happens, causing Michael and I to pull away from the kiss.

"We should probably get back inside the car," I giggle, my arms still wrapped around his shoulder.

Michael hurries and opens the door for me to get in. I slowly sit on Michael's seat, feeling bad for getting it wet.

     Michael hops in his side. "If you're cold, I keep extra clothes in the back," He offers.

     By the time I got back inside, I'm shivering. There's goosebumps on my arms and legs. I'm freezing.

     "That'd be great," I smile, watching him reach to the back seat for a bag.

     He takes out some sweatpants and a tee. He hands them over to me, "I keep them in here in case I spontaneously want to stay at Luke's house."

     Michael turns his head away from looking at me while I grab the ends of my shirt, pulling it over my head. I put on his shirt, looking down to see what band it is. Greenday.

     "You like Greenday?" I say, chuckling to myself.

     "You can't take one good look at me and guess that I do?" He giggles, still looking away.

     "They're one of my favorites," I say, sliding off my skirt. I put on the sweatpants he gave me. I tap Michael's arm to let him know that he can look.

     "Woah," He looks me up and down, "How'd you do that?"

     I observe the outfit that I was given, feeling slightly confused at the reaction, "Do what?" I ask.

     "Make my clothes look so good," He smirks, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

My eyes roll at the cheesy line. I have to admit it was quite adorable. My cheeks feel warm as I playfully hit his arm, "You're so cheesy. I hate you."

"Do I need to remind you of what you just admitted to me? You definitely don't hate me, darling," He says, holding my chin up so I'd look at his face.

"No, you don't need to remind me," I giggle at him, "But that was actually pretty smooth."

"Good, that's what I was going for," He smiles, pecking my lips again before letting go of my face.

The car gets quiet, the only sound is the one that's coming from the storm outside. I watch the droplets roll down the front windows. I glance over at the clock. I'm definitely late getting home. For some reason, I don't really care. I'm not anxious about hearing Niall nag about me being late. I honestly just don't want to go home.

I pull out my phone to text Niall,

Me: calum and i were talking and he mentioned he needed help with some math so i'll just stay at his place for dinner. we can make up our plans this weekend, sorry!