fifteen

Michael's POV

"Michael, Louis is here," Dawn says. She's crying.

My eyes shift around the room, trying to see if I can find him. I don't spot him so I look up to Dawn.

"Where is he?" I ask, walking to her.

"Over there," She motions to a group of people. I look over and I can now see him from this angle.

Anger fills my body. He's got some nerve coming here. I lift Dawn's head up, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Has he said anything to you?" I ask, keeping my voice gentle.

"No but he is telling everyone I was upstairs with him. Telling them that him and I were having sex but you know that isn't true," Her voice cracks. More tears slip from Dawns eyes. The sight pains me.

I swallow the lump in my throat. I know what I need to do. Dawn doesn't need to see that. I guide her to the couch where Luke is, sitting her down beside my best friend.

"Dawn, stay here with Luke. I'll talk to him," I say, resting my hand on her knee.

Dawn nods, cuddling up to Luke's side. If it were any other guy, I'd be jealous. But it's Luke, he's not going to hit on her while knowing what he does. Plus, he's good at cuddling so that should calm her some.

I quickly make my way to Louis' group. Adrenaline filling my veins, clouding my head in the process. The drinks and my anger aren't mixing well.

"Hey, Louis," I grab his attention once I get to the group.

"Hey, it's the guy who was too jealous to let me get some in the hallway. I'm guessing someone's mad about what they heard happened upstairs?" He says, causing him and his friends to laugh.

     "You're lying and you know it. And what happened in the hall wasn't what you're trying to make it seem to be," I argue against him.

     "Are you mad your weird little crush is actually just some slut who sleeps around? You do know her nudes leaked last year, right?" Louis gives me a look of confusion. Man, I regret doing that to her. It's really backfiring now.

      Hearing Louis talk about Dawn that way fuels something in me. There's a flame in my chest, and I can feel my jaw clenching. My fists subconsciously ball up.

With no more words said, I punch him. Right in the center of his face. Louis stumbles back from the hit but doesn't fall. The crowd that he was with backs up to leave us space. Louis hits me back, busting my lip in the process.

He doesn't know how determined I am to win this. I punch him again, in the nose. His blood causes my rings to become slippery. I hit Louis again before he can throw another punch. Louis falls to the ground, but I'm not quite finished yet.

I kneel over him, continuously punching him. All you hear from Louis is a collection of groans. His hands reach up to grab me but I knock them out of the way. I don't know what came over me. I've never actually fought someone, never had the courage too. I needed to do this though. The crowd around us stays quiet. They stand there and observe the damage I'm doing.

I feel a pair of hands grab my shoulders, pulling me off of Louis. I look behind me to see Luke, standing there with Dawn. My eyes shift down to my hands, which were covered in blood that wasn't my own. Louis' friends help Louis off the ground. They give me dirty looks as they pass through with Louis.

"You're gonna pay for this, Clifford," Louis snaps. I can't take him seriously with all the cuts and bruises I left on him.

"Dude, you okay?" Luke asks me, pulling me up off the ground.