Chapter 22: Welcome home

Chapter 22

Katniss P.O.V.

Angelina Katniss Odair was born only three minutes after Matthew. She's so cute. Finnick, Peeta, Annie and I are so thrilled over the fact that our babies was born on the same day. I can only imagine all the birthdays we're going to throw for the two of them.

Today we can leave the hospital. The twins hasn't seen the babies yet. They've been staying at Will and Felicia's. I told them that it they didn't have to come. We came two days ago and now we can go home.

Everyone are waiting for us. And I'm longing to show them all my beautiful baby boy.

We meet Annie and Finnick by the entrance.

"Hai Angelina", I say smiling at the little baby.

We to ride in our car. All six of us. We were four when we came here in a hurry and now we're six. It's not a long way home though so it will go fast to drive home.

"I can't believe that they were born on the same day!" Annie says excited. "I really still can't believe it, it's just too good".

I agree with Annie. It really is too good. And it is really exciting.

We all hop in the car and drive home. We drive to mine and Peeta's house, since we all know that the others has let themselves in there already. I know that because whenever anyone has news, or something we all seem to be gathering in mine and Peeta's house. And I don't know how it got that way, it just did.

Peeta pull up at the driveway and help me get out of the car with Matthew. I can't believe that I finally got my mini Peeta.

But I think we have enough of children now. The twins and Matthew. I think that's enough.

We walk to the house and Peeta opens the door.

When we step through the door everyone comes running up to us.

"Mommy mommy!" Becca shouts.

"Daddy daddy!" Riley shouts.

They both come running up to us. Peeta carries them both up so they can see their brother properly.

"Mommy he's so cute", Riley says in awe. "Is he really our baby brother?"

"Yeah, he's really your baby brother", Peeta says.

"Say hello to Matthew", I say.

"Hello Matthew", Becca says.

"Hello Matty", Riley says and stroke the hand of his tiny hand very gently.

She gave him a nickname. That's the cutest thing I've heard. Matthew grab Riley's small thumb and holds it tightly.

"Mommy Matty is so cute", Riley says.

Becca leans down and kisses Matthew's forehead.

They're going to be the best sister a little boy can have. I'm sure of it.

"Angie is really cute mommy", I hear Fisher say from Finnick's arms.

Seems like Fisher gave Angelina a nickname just as Riley gave Matthew a nickname.

"Can we see her Anutie Annie?" Riley asks.

"Of course baby", Annie says and walks closer with Angelina, so the girls can see her.

"Oh she's so cute and she looks so much alike you Fisher", Riley says looking down onto Fisher who's looking up on her smiling.

Prim comes up to me. She looks at Matthew.

"I see you finally go your mini Peeta", she smiles.

"I know", I say excited, smiling like a big goof.

"Can I hold him?" She ask.

"You don't even have to ask", I say and give her Matthew.

I trust Prim with Matthew. I trusted her with the twins when they were babies. Prim is really responsible.

Rory comes walking up to Prim with Noel in his arms. He's a really good uncle to Noel. And Noel is so cute. Who am I kidding? All of our babies are so cute. Madge and Gale's son Noel, Glimmer and Marvel's daughter Caitlin, Annie and Finnick's son and daughter Fisher and Angelina, Clove and Cato's son Nathaniel and mine and Peeta's twin daughters Riley and Rebecca, and our son Matthew. Eight children all together. And if we count with Peeta's brothers children there are four more.

Prim puts Matthew in my arms again and I look down at him. It's insane how much a mother can love her children. When I look at Riley and Rebecca, when I look at Matthew, my body becomes all warm and I'm filled with so much love and the need to protect them. I will always protect them.

When everybody has left, I put Matthew into his cradle while Peeta tucks in the girls.

When I'm sure that Matthew is asleep I walk out of his nursery and to the girls room. I stand outside, watching how Peeta is telling the girls a story. They're lying in their nightgowns, under the covers in their bed, with their heads on their pillows, looking at Peeta with tired eyes but small smile on their faces.

"And that's how the prince and his beautiful princess, got their most valuable treasures, their beautiful twin daughters", Peeta finishes and the girls finally closes their eyes as they fall asleep, still with smiles on their faces.

"You're amazing", I tell Peeta as he comes out to me.

"Not as amazing as you are", Peeta says and gives me a kiss.

We walk into our room. Peeta lays down in bed only in his boxers, and I put on a light lace nightgown.

We lay down in bed and I snuggle into Peeta's embrace. Oh how I love lying in his warm embrace.

"Are you still sore?" Peeta asks kissing my neck.

I so wish I weren't.

"Yeah unfortunately", I say a bit sad.

"Don't be sad baby, we'll just have to wait a while", Peeta says as the kind man he is.

"Well I have to wait anyways", I say before I roll on top of Peeta and starts kissing his neck.

"What do you mean?" Peeta asks but I can hear how he swallows hard.

"You know what I mean", I giggle before I start kissing down his stomach and continue further down.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

✏️1009 words✏️

Hey guys, I hope you all liked the chapter.

So Matthew Finnick Mellark and Angelina Katniss Odair. Born on the same day with crazy mothers, can it get any better?

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx

PS: There are only about six more chapters of this book, sorry to tell you this but it true.