Chapter 2: Four years later

Chapter 2

Katniss P.O.V.

This is the day of Riley and Rebecca's forth birthday. How can life pass by this quickly?

Peeta has been on missions overseas but has retired home pretty quick after leaving actually. The longest he's been away is two months. But everytime he gets home, I'm worried that he'll leave again, because one of these days, he won't return back as quickly, and maybe not all. I wish he could just get a job at the base here in Panem instead.

Peeta came home two days ago, and I'm still afraid to let him go.

I turn to my side and look at Peeta with my arm still around his stomach. I look at perfection asleep. Peeta is even perfect when he sleeps. He looks so careless and peaceful. My Peeta, my sweet sweet Peeta.

I lean closer and kiss his cheek before lying my head onto his bare chest. I love this boy so much. So much, I can't even describe how much I love him. I could die a million times for him. I would seriously go to Afghanistan instead of him if I could, just to spare him. I don't want to lose Peeta. I don't want our girls to lose Peeta. I just can't shake this feeling I have that something terrible is going to happen.

I feel tears flow down from my cheek and onto Peeta's chest. I just love him so much.

I feel Peeta begin to stir and suddenly my hair is being stroked by a big and rough but gentle hand.

"Hey you", Peeta says in a sexy morning voice.

"Hai", I say, trying to sound normal.

"What's wrong?" Peeta asks worried.

He can hear at my voice that I'm crying. And because he's Peeta and my husband, he becomes worried immediately.

I sit up leaning on my elbows and look at Peeta. He wipes away my tears and looks at me, waiting for me to talk.

"I just ... Love you so damn much", I say crying. "And I don't want to lose you".

"I love so much baby, and you won't lose me, I would never leave my girls", Peeta says and kisses me.

I kiss back. Hard. Peeta grab my waist and pulls me over him as we continue to kiss.

I kiss his neck and I kiss his chest. I'm about to do more then that when the door suddenly flies open and I fly off Peeta back to my side of the bed, but still close to him.

Into the room runs two little girls with pink Minnie Mouse nightgowns.

"Momma!" Riley yells.

"Daddy!" Rebecca yells at the same time as her sister.

They both run up in our bed and we take them in our arms.

But Riley starts to cough a little and make sounds of little air in her lungs. She overworked herself by running so much. I look at my nightstand for her second inhaler and put it to her mouth.

Peeta looks at us worried. He hates this. He hate watching his baby girl having difficulty breathing.

Riley knows what she's gonna do though, so she breathes in from the inhaler four times before she just rests her head onto my chest and I stroke her hair.

When she was a baby we had one of these inhaler masks, because she couldn't breath it in by herself, it's like a mask on a tube, and you put the mask onto her mouth and nose and press a button on the tube and she got the medicine.

"Happy birthday girls", I say and hug Riley.

"Yeah we're four now!" Becca says as she proudly holds up four fingers to show us.