Chapter 15: Big shirt

Chapter 15

Peeta's P.O.V.

The door opens and the girls walks in. I see Katniss, Riley and Rebecca. Katniss looks around in the room, scanning. So beautiful. Riley and Becca... Oh my god. They've grown so much. Riley's hair is so long, and they're taller. Oh god, these are not the babies I said goodbye too all these months ago.

"Daddy!" I hear my two baby girls shout.

They crawl up into my bed and carefully hugs me.

I hug them both and I can't stop myself from letting some tears fall down my eyes, I mean how can I not? I see my little girls for the first time in a very long time.

As I hug my girls, I see Annie and Fisher runs up to Finnick and he hugs them both tight, crying as well as I am. And so does Cato when he hugs Clove and Nathaniel.

I look at Marvel to see if Glimmer brought their baby, but she's not there. I see Marvel looking at the doorway.

"Where's Glimmer?" He asks.

"She's..." Gale, who's holding a baby, starts but then I see her walk up beside Katniss and then up to Marvel with a baby in her arms.

She gives the baby to Marvel who looks at the baby as if he can't believe it.

"Oh my god..." He whispers and tears fall down his eyes.

He looks at Glimmer.

"She's..." He starts but she interrupts him.

"She's ours", she says and kiss him.

Oh so they got a girl? That's wonderful. Marvel always said that he wanted a girl.

Katniss isn't coming here though. What's the matter?

I look at her and sees how Gale gives her push in the back. And because she's so clumsy, she stumbles even more inside the room, almost falling with her face onto the floor. My clumsy Katniss. As I just look at her from distance I feel the love I have for her.

I actually got home and I still can't believe it. When everything went black I really thought I had died. Finnick told me that after I went unconscious our team came and rescued us. It was their feet I saw.

Katniss turns around to Gale and I think she gives him some angry glance or something.

She turns around again and sees how the girls and I are looking at her.

"Momma come on!" Riley whines.

Katniss walks with unsure steps towards us.

She looks at me. I looks at her. When I look at her I do everything I possibly can not to start crying. I can't believe I actually get to go home with her in a few days.

Suddenly Katniss starts to cry and she takes my bigger hand in her smaller one.

"Baby don't cry", I beg her.

"I can't help it", she sobs. "I thought I had lost you. When I read the letter I..." She stops herself, not knowing what to say.

She doesn't know how much I've had the same thought in my head. I mean I know that she was going to be the one to lose me, but I would lose her if I died and our two babies.

"Look what I did daddy!" Riley suddenly shouts and shows me a paper she's had in her hands.

I look at what seems to be a drawing. But when I look at it more closely, my eyes grow ten times as big. My baby girl has drawn me on the paper. She's so talented. I'm good at painting... Okay pretty amazing, and no I am not someone who brags, but yeah. Riley could some day be better then me or just as good.