Chapter 10: The nightmare

Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V.

"Katniss!"

Peeta!

"Katniss h-help!"

Where is he?

I'm running around in a basement, not knowing where to run.

"Katniss!"

"Peeta!" I yell. "Where are you?"

I don't get any reply. I get scared. What are they doing to him?

I hear screams of pain, and start running faster even though I don't know which way to run.

"PEETA!" I scream as I hear another scream of pain.

My boy what are they doing to him? Why are they doing this?

Suddenly a door appears on the wall in front of me.

I hesitate at first, but after hearing Peeta's scream of pain once more I run up to the door.

I put my hand on the handle and open up.

I knew something was happening, but I wasn't sure of what? And now when I know, I can tell you that I wasn't prepared of the sight in front of me.

Peeta is hanging in his arms from the roof with ropes tied around his wrists, with only something to cover his male parts, he has scars and burns and bruises all over his body, from head to toe.

A man is standing with a whip and whips Peeta's back.

Peeta screams out in pain again.

The man is about to whip him again.

"NO!" I yell and run up to Peeta.

I hug his back and try to cover as much as I can and feel the whip on my back.

The pain is direct and makes me loose my breath. But I can feel Peeta's weak attempts to breathe and feel that I could take a thousands more whips here and now if it meant that Peeta can go free.

The man takes a hold of my hand and pulls me away from Peeta.

He looks at me with disgust before he throws me down at the floor.

He takes out a gun and at first I think that he's gonna shoot me, but then he points the gun at Peeta instead.

"No no no no no!" I yell. "NO!"

I stand up and try to run up to shield Peeta's body, but the man takes a hold of me.

"You're gonna enjoy this", he says in a scary and dark voice.

He fires the gun and it starts to bleed from Peeta's head as he becomes completely still.

"PEETA PEETA NOOOOO NO NO PEETA!" I yell and cry.

My legs fail me and I slide down onto the floor. The man lets go of me and I hit the floor hard, but I do not care about that.

"SHOOT ME TOO!" I yell.

"No", the man says, suddenly with a warm creepy voice.

"PLEASE SHOOT ME TOO", I beg. "PLEASE KILL ME!"

I want to follow my Peeta. I want to die.

"No", the man says again.

I try to take the gun from him. But he's too strong.

"Why?" I ask. "Why won't you shoot me?"

"Because you didn't deserve him my dear", the man says.

One of my biggest fears.

I lay down onto the floor and cry and scream until my throat stars to bleed.

"Katniss!"

Peeta? No that wasn't Peeta's voice. That was we a female.

"Katniss wake up!"

Wake up?

Everything becomes dark.

I open my eyes and look into what I recognize as Annie's eyes.

"Annie?" I ask in a very hoarse voice.

"Oh sweetheart, finally, I've tried to wake you up for like fifteen minuets now", she says relieved. "You were screaming so so so loud and crying so hysterically after Peeta and then you started to beg for someone to shoot you and kill you".

"Were are the girls?" I ask.

"With mr and mrs Mellark", she says. "At the hospital".

At the what?!

"Omg what happened?!" I ask and jump out of bed.

My throat hurts after screaming my lungs out.

"Oh nothing with the girls", Annie says.

I breathe out.

"Why would you scare me like that?" I ask.

"Sorry", she says.

"Well why are they there?" I ask.

"Glimmer is having her baby", Annie says.

Peeta's P.O.V.

I can't stop thinking of Katniss and my girls. I want to be with them.

The guys and I can't take much more. They're touring us day and night for information. We're strong enough to resist telling them, but I don't know how much more our bodies can take.

I'm clearest in my head but I feel so weak physically. I feel so dumb. Why can't I be stronger?

I hate this.

"Don't give up", Finnick says in a weak voice.

"I can't take much more", Cato coughs.

"Me either", Marvel sighs.

I don't like what I'm hearing, they say just what I am thinking.

"Guys Finnick is right, we can't give up", I say. "You have a son Cato and Marvel you're going to be a father soon, I have the twins and Finnick has Fisher, and on top of that we have the greatest wife's and girlfriends anyone can ask for, we can't give up".

It's cold in this room they are holding us captive. Our clothes are ripped and we have bruises and cuts all over our bodies.

I don't know what Katniss thought when reading the letter I sent her. She must think I'm already dead. I might as well could be dead, I kind of want to be dead. This is too painful, how they are torturing us.

The door opens.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

My whole body tense as I start to feel sick when I hear their loud steps and deep angry and scary voices.

It crawls under my skin and I get scared of what they are going to do now.

They put a needle in my arm. Oh no, not this again. Please no.

Finnick, Cato and Marvel looks at me with wide scared eyes. They also know what's going to happen now.

"I love you Katniss", I whisper before they push the button and my whole body is filled with the strong electricity.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

✏️1011 words✏️

Hey guys, I hope you all like the chapter and thanks for your patience to read this chapter, as I've said in other updates I'm in a really crappy mood and have been lately, so I'm sorry if the chapter is crappy :/

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought of the chapter.

-Josephine xx