Chapter 2

My initial reaction was shock but then it turned into excitement. A large grin made its way onto my face and I couldn’t wait. We had to go and get our helmets and all of the sky diving gear first. That took about 10 minutes and by this time I was shaking with excitement.

We were finally ready to go so we went to the front counter. Dylan showed them his fake ID – considering he wasn’t 16 yet – and I showed them mine. They looked over both and then saw that it was my birthday today so they gave us a free ride plus pictures and we got to jump the queue.

Because we had never been before we had to get strapped to the front of one of the staff. A man came over while we were on the plane and started explaining the rules and what we had to do towards the end. He said that he had to be strapped to one of us and his colleague will be strapped to the other.

Dylan jumped up and got strapped to this man Tyler of course wanting to be the first to go but frowned when Tyler’s colleague came over. I couldn’t see her face but I could see her luscious long brown hair and beautifully tanned skin. I could smell that she was a werewolf but it was masked by another scent of roses.

She came over and strapped herself to the back of me. My wolf started getting really excited and I'm assuming it’s because we are meeting another werewolf that doesn’t belong to my pack for the first time. We started making our way over to the door and I looked out. We were so high up and I felt like I was going to fall. So being the gentleman that I am, I grabbed onto the frame of the door just as the girl did.

Our hands touched for a moment and before I could pull mine back sparks flew through my whole body. Feeling as though I was being stupid I just stood there awkwardly looking outside the plane.

We were finally high enough to jump out so we started to walk towards the opening. The photographer jumped out first and then me and the girl then Dylan and Tyler. We were freefalling and when we got to a certain distance we pulled our parachutes.

The sight from up here was beautiful. You could see the beach and the town and all of the forests. We just kept floating and floating closer and closer to the ground. We finally touched down and unstrapped ourselves. I turned around and thanked the girl who – thanks to her name tag – I now know as Cheyne (pronounced Shane).

I held out my hand for her to shake but she just pushed it away and kissed my cheek. This one peck felt like fireworks but I ignored and shook Tyler’s hand. Dylan did the same but when he went to kiss Cheyne’s cheek my wolf growled and she pulled away and held out her hand instead.

Me and Dylan started walking back to my car and my wolf started whimpering. ‘What are you doing’ I mentally scolded him but there was no reply he just kept whimpering. We got back to my car and I went to grab my handle and realised I left my car keys back there on the counter as well as my phone.

I jumped out of my car and ran back to the building. I wasn’t even puffed when I got there but I did want my phone and my keys. I walked inside casually and walked over to the counter and I was just about to ask the lady if she had them but then I heard something.

“Hey Liam!”

I turned my head and saw Cheyne there with my phone and keys. I looked down and kicked the ground.

“Thanks.” I mumbled embarrassed.

She walked over to me picking up my hand. The sparks were back and I knew I wasn’t the only one that felt them. Her muscles tensed up and a smile spread across her face. I finally looked up into her eyes and my heart did front flips.

‘MATE!’ my wolf screamed in my head and I'm pretty sure hers’ was doing the same thing. We looked at each other for a moment longer then I grabbed her arm and dragged her to my car and she was obliged to follow.

OMG I can't believe I just found my mate. We were in the car now and my head was buzzing. I had to tell my parents and my sister but that would have to wait. We were almost home when a rogue jumped out in front of the car. I slammed the brakes and ran out with Cheyne and Dylan close behind.

“Grace!” was all I heard Cheyne say.