Chapter 3

“Grace!”

What, who is Grace? This rogue just jumped in front of my car which could have made me crash and kill my mate. I was furious and I think Cheyne noticed because she walked over to me, kissed my cheek then walked back to Grace and stood in front of her.

The kiss calmed me down a little but as soon as she left my side to stand in front of Grace I was furious again. Who does she think she is protecting a rogue who could have killed us both? I must have started advancing because next thing I know Dylan’s arms are pinning mine behind my back.

I knew I could easily beat him, I mean I am his soon to be alpha, but I knew there was no point. I couldn’t get to this rogue unless I wanted to go through Cheyne and I am not willing to do that.

By the way Cheyne turned around and embraced Grace and the fact that she is protecting her I'm assuming that she knows her. She must have read my mind because she pulled away and pushed her into the car. Apparently I'm taking her home with me as well. Gosh I went out today with just me and Dylan and now I'm coming home with two extra people.

As soon as we got back to the pack house I stormed inside and straight to my room leaving Dylan to deal with Cheyne and Grace. I just don’t understand what is going on. I need to take a shower to clear my head. I walked into the bathroom turned on the water and stripped. I walked into the shower and let the warm water run down my back while running down my stomach.

Whoa since when did I have a six pack, must just be one of the perks of being a werewolf and I'm loving it. I walk out of the shower and wrap the towel around my hips. I walk out of the bathroom and into my closet finding a pair of shorts to put on. While walking out of my closet an amazing smell hit me. It was a mixture of roses and chocolate.

The closet soon opened into my rather large bedroom and my mate was sitting on my bed. She looked as though she was about to cry and the only thing I wanted to do was go over there and hug her until the pain ends but I just couldn’t. I know we only just met but I still don’t know how she knows this rogue or why she hasn’t said anything about it.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and that was starting to crack my shell. I stared at her for a moment waiting for her to speak but she said nothing and just looked away. So either she wasn’t good at sharing her feelings or she didn’t trust me enough to tell me. It hurt me thinking that the latter was even an option.

I couldn’t stand it anymore, I knew if I was there any longer I would flip out so I jumped out the window and shifted into my wolf mid-air knowing that I would rip the shorts that I had just put on but at this moment I didn’t care.

It felt nice to let Levi (my wolf) out. He immediately took control and we ran. We just kept running and running doing laps of the pack, I have no idea how I did it though because we have a really big pack. Once I had done a few laps of the land I shifted back and pulled a pair of shorts we kept in the trees.

I walked back into my room, ignored the fact that Cheyne was taking a shower and laid down on my bed. I rolled over so I was facing away from the bathroom and I closed my eyes. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get to sleep knowing that my mate was hurting but I couldn’t bear to look at her at this point in time. For the time being I would pretend to be asleep.

I couldn’t help the tears that started spilling out of my eyes once the bathroom door opened. She came out and sat on the bed. I had to roll over again to make sure she didn’t see the tears but when I started rolling over the light shone right on my face and reflected off my tears.

She definitely saw them because she started to rub my back and she crawled over me and sat on the floor in front of me. She just stared into my eyes at first and then the tears started to slip out of her eyes and that was the last straw. I grabbed her and pulled her onto the bed and wrapped my arms around her.

We just sat there crying into each other’s arms for a while until there were no more tears and our bodies only racked with sobs. She pulled back and looked me in the eyes. She started talking and her voice was like an angels. ‘Mates with an Angel’ Levi said, and boy was he right. She took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes

“Okay” She said.