Chapter 10

“Wait!” At this point Cheyne barged into the room. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I turned around and walked off with both Dylan and Zac trailing close behind me.

“Seriously dude, did you have to tell her.”

“Tell her what I didn’t say anything.” Dylan said smugly.

“I’m not an idiot, she wouldn’t have come barging in like that if you hadn’t said anything.”

“Yeah true but she had a right to know.”

“I know that but she didn’t need to know unless something bad happened, she already has enough stress on her mind.”

“Yeah I know but she can be quite persuasive when you’re alone with her and she is kinda hard to lie to.”

“Yeah I know I mean she is my mate.”

“Alright can you two quit this bickering before something bigger comes out of it? I don’t want you two shifting in my office.”

“Yes Zac.”

We kept walking until we came to the room Bianca was in. we walked in and he got Dylan and I to sit on the bed next to Bianca’s. Zac walks over to the bench and starts rustling through a couple of drawers and I can't help but look over at my sister. She is laying in her bed unconscious and hooked up to a bunch of machines. This is what Cheyne must have looked like and I can't help but feel grateful for Bianca.

“Alright Liam you’re up first.”

I walked over to the chair Zac was standing at and sat down. He pulled out a really long needle and slowly inserted it into my arm. He started draining my blood from my body. The bag the needle was connected to slowly filled up with my blood and once it was full he took out the needle, gave me some food and sent me back over to the bed. He took the bag off the hook and placed it at Bianca’s bed. He inserted the needle in her arm and started pushing the blood into her arm. It was all going well when suddenly Bianca’s body started jerking.

“Zac, what’s happening?”

“I don’t know Alpha. Wait that’s it…Alpha. It’s your blood, because you’re an Alpha your blood is too strong for her. Her body can't handle it and if we don’t get another donor than her body will shut down.”

Dylan dropped to the floor and started tearing up.

“I can't lose her, not like this.”

At this moment Grace walked in the room, sat down in the chair and put the needle that was meant for Dylan in her arm. She started draining her blood and once that bag was full she set up another bag and did the same. She had filled two bags of her blood and stumbled over to Bianca’s bed. She cautiously pulled out the needle with my blood in it and inserted one of her needles into Bianca’s arm. She started pushing the blood into Bianca’s body.

Bianca slowly stopped jerking and instead just laid on the bed accepting Grace’s blood. The first bag of blood went into Bianca’s system smoothly so Grace unhooked that bag and replaced it with the second one. Once both bags were empty Lacey, one of the pack nurses, came into the room to do a routine check-up. Once she stepped into the room, Bianca’s eyes opened and Grace’s closed. Bianca sat up in her bed just in time to see Grace fall to the floor.

Lacey looked at the body lying on the floor and immediately fell right beside her. It was almost as if she recognised her.

“Oh my god, Grace oh Grace what did you do!”

“Wait, you know Grace?”

“Yes she’s my daughter, she was taken from me a while ago.”

We all looked down at Grace and saw that she still wasn’t moving she wasn’t even breathing. Zac leant down and pressed his fingers to her throat checking for a pulse. He looks back up at me and shakes his head.

“Lacey, I’m so sorry. She didn’t make it.” Zac said looking sorrowfully at Lacey.

Lacey started crying. I couldn’t do this, my alpha instincts took over and I couldn’t let my mate’s best friend die saving my sister. I stormed over to the bag of my blood, walked over to Grace and inserted the needle into her arm. I slowly pushed a little bit of my blood into her body. I had to get the blood flowing so I started chest compressions. I heard the door to Bianca’s room open but I ignored it. I didn’t want Cheyne to blame me for Grace’s death so I had to save her.

I leant down and put my ear to Grace’s chest trying to hear anything. A heart beat slowly reappeared but it was weak. I jumped up grabbed an oxygen mask, placed it over Grace’s head and picked her up, putting her on the spare bed. I walked over to Bianca’s bed, unhooked her from all of the machines and took them all over to Grace’s bed. I started plugging Grace up to all of the machines and the last machine was the heart monitor. I connected Grace to the monitor and heard gasps from all around the room.

Grace’s heart was beating at an almost normal pace. I turned around just in time to be attacked by Cheyne and Lacey both hugging me. I was startled but just as I was about to hug them back they both pulled away. Lacey kneeled in front of me and started rambling.

“Thank you so much, how can I ever repay you? I have to do something to thank you for this.”

“Lacey stop. Stand up and look at me. You don’t owe me anything okay? She just didn’t deserve to die like this.”

I walked past them both and over to Zac who has been staring at me this whole time.

“How did you just do that?”

“I don’t know it just happened.”

“Well if you ever feel like helping me out in the infirmary than feel free. I could really use hands like that around here.”

“Yeah sure, thanks Zac.”

 “No thank you Alpha.”

I nodded at Zac and then walked out and started heading back up to my room. I was almost out of the hospital wing when I felt someone jump on my back. I knew it was Cheyne straight away because of the sparks that radiated throughout my body. I carried her on my back all the way up to our room while she was snuggling into my neck. We finally got up to our room and I sat on the bed laying on my back on top of Cheyne.

“Get off me you fatty.”

“Really you call this fat.” I said as I got off her and pulled my shirt off revealing my abs.

“No” she said shyly while looking away.

“It’s alright, they’re all yours.”

That was all the encouragement she needed. She launched herself off the bed and jumped on me. While wrapping her legs around me she started kissing me. It got heated really quickly so I laid us down on the bed.

“I don’t want to rush anything.” I said

“It’s okay you’re not.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to regret anything later okay? Maybe think about it.”

“Oh my god, I have already thought about this! You are ruining the moment, you just saved my best friend, now shut up and kiss me already.”