Chapter 4

“Okay” Cheyne said.

“A couple of years ago Grace was my best friend. We would do everything together and we would never be apart but then one day she just up and left without telling me why. I walked back to my room in tears and found a note on my bed, it said that she had found her mate and she left so hastily because if she had to say goodbye to me she wouldn’t be able to leave. After that we hadn’t talked for years; I was broken and I was incapable of doing anything. After about five years I got my job at the skydiving company and I have been there since I was 15, and that was about a year ago.

Just recently there was an attack on the pack Grace was staying at and her mate was murdered. She couldn’t stand to be there anymore; it reminded her too much of her mate so she became a rogue. She left everything and everyone that loved her and lived by herself because she lost the one person that would ever truly love her the way she loved them.  She has been a rogue for a couple of days now and she couldn’t stand it anymore so she jumped in front of our car hoping it would end the pain but your reflexes stopped the car before she did. When we got back I took Grace to a spare room and she told me everything. I came back in tears and saw you but I couldn’t bear to look at you and then you ran off. I sat in your bed crying and crying and then I decided to have a shower. The only reason I didn’t tell you this sooner is because I couldn’t bear the thought of you leaving me either dead or alive.”

I had no idea what to say; Cheyne practically told me her life story and I had nothing to say back. God I'm so stupid, I am probably the worst mate ever. I couldn’t think of anything to do so Levi took over. He threw our arms out and grabbed her pulling her so close to us I'm surprised we didn’t physically become one person. Today was such a long and eventful day and we were both so tired, so we laid down in each other’s arms and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and felt a warmth like no other. I look over and see my beautiful mate laying in my arms. I didn’t want to leave this room but it was Dylan’s 16th so I had to plan something epic. I looked at the clock and it was 5:00am. Yes perfect amount of time for Dylan’s party. I got up immediately and jumped into the shower. Once I was dressed I took one last look at Cheyne then walked out of the room and into my office.

I had all day to prepare for the party but I had to keep Dylan busy during the day. He wasn’t scheduled to shift until 7:00pm so I had the whole day for whatever I wanted. It was now 5:47 so I went into Bianca’s room and woke her up. She wasn’t too happy but when I told her she had to distract Dylan for the day she was more than happy to do so. My sister has had a crush on my best friend for years now.

I told her to wait in the hallway while I went and woke Dylan up. I walked into his room really quietly, pulled out the fog horn I had in my pocket, walked over to his bed and squeezed it right near his ear. He shot up out of bed but didn’t realise that I was holding a can of shaving cream waiting for this moment. As soon as he sat up the button was already being pressed down on the shaving cream and it went all over his face. He got up out of bed tripped on the string I had put all around his room and ran into the pile of feathers in front of his door.

He stumbled down the hallway, tripped down the stairs and landed in the inflatable pool filled with glitter. When he finally stood up he looked like an extra-large sparkling bird. I couldn’t hold it in anymore; I dropped the camera in my hands and started cracking up laughing. Then, right on cue Bianca dropped all of the balloons around us and came running down the stairs.

Dylan looked up at both of us with a creepy smile on his face. I was too confused to notice he had handfuls of glitter in his hands. He ran up to me and slammed it down on my head letting the glitter fall all over my body.

“This means war friend” I said

“Oh it’s on” said Dylan.

And at that we were both chasing each other around the pack house with handfuls of glitter and shaving cream. We eventually ran out of glitter and went to have a shower. I walked into my room and Cheyne was sitting on the bed with Bianca watching the video laughing her head off.

I cleared my throat and she looked up at me and started laughing even harder. Instantly I got an idea. I started walking over to her with a serious look on my face. Once I got to the bed I grabbed her arms ad pulled her into a hug smearing shaving cream and glitter all over her as well. We were all laughing at this and then both Cheyne and I looked over to Bianca who was clean of everything. We ran over to her and jumped on her covering her in shaving cream and glitter too.

I hopped off and jumped in the shower desperately trying to wash all of this glitter off of me. I eventually got most of it off except for a couple of bits throughout my hair. I got dressed, walked out and saw that Bianca and Dylan were gone. This meant that I can finally start organising this party. I talked to the closest pack and asked their alpha if they could come over for the party and if need be stay the night at our pack.

That was the first step, next it was time to set up. I was running around the pack house putting up streamers and blowing up balloons and then a camera flash went off. I looked up to the direction of the flash and saw Cheyne standing behind a camera. She looked up and smiled in my direction. She then looked around the room and saw all of my decorations and she was in awe. She giggled slightly before walking over to me grabbing the balloons out of my hand kissing me lightly on the lips then walking into the kitchen.

She walked over to the list of food that I needed and got started right away on the cooking. It was 6:00pm and all of the cooking was done the decorations were done and the guests started arriving. In approximately one hour Bianca would be coming home with Dylan and then she would go up to her room – she wasn’t really one for parties – and Dylan would shift then be greeted by the party. Cheyne and I were finalising everything when Bianca came running inside looked at me and told me he was shifting then she ran up to her room. About 30 minutes later Dylan came in and looked at everything. He smiled at me then started smelling the air.

“Where is she?” was the only thing he said