Chapter 12

(2 weeks later)

(Cheyne's P.O.V.)

It's my birthday soon and I honestly can't wait, I'm finally going to turn 16. Most people shift on their 16th birthday but I shifted on my 14th. Apparently I have some strong family connection causing all of my abilities to be heightened. I am so excited for this birthday though because I am finally going to be able to feel the sparks that Liam feels when we touch.

My birthday isn't for another week but it's still so close. Anyway, here I am lying in bed trying to get to sleep. I just keep tossing and turning and its killing me. I'm pretty sure I know why I can't get to sleep though, I'm about to start my period and that is going to suck. Somehow I have to tell Liam without making things awkward. I eventually fall asleep and am woken up by someone opening all the curtains. I couldn't move, all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and sleep.

"Good Morning Beautiful."

"Liam please don't. Not this morning I font feel like this today."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I just, think it's that time of the month."

"What time?"

"You know...I think I just got my monthly visitor."

Still no sign of recognition

"My Aunt flow is in the house."

Nothing

"The painers are here."

Still no reaction.

"You know my monthly subscription to Satan's sacrificial waterfall."

"Alright, sounds like your vagina's pretty busy. I guess I should come back later."

"Liam! Are you being serious right now! You knew what I was talking about all along and you made me look like an idiot! I hate you so much!"

I got up and stormed off to have a shower. Before I slammed the door I heard Liam say:

"This is going to be fun, I had to get an emotional monthly visitor. Great."

"You don't even know the start of it buddy."

I walked into the bathroom and sat on the floor of the burning hot shower. I was doing fine until the pain kicked in. I went from sitting normally to curled up in a fetal position in a matter of seconds. I turned the tap off and crawled out of the shower. I couldn't look weak in front of Liam so before I left the bathroom I stood up and got dressed. I walked back into the bedroom and face planted on the bed just as Liam walked out of the closet.

"Are you alright?" Liam asked.

"No" I yelled into the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"My back, my stomach, my ovaries."

"Do you need Panadol or anything?"

"No I try not to take it when I'm on my period."

I felt the bed dip beside me and then Liam crawled over and sat on top of my legs.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to help, just let me do this and stay still."

"Whatever, I'm pretty sure you can't do anythin..."

I was startled by a pair of cold hands that suddenly touched my back. His fingertips slightly grazing my lower back sent sparks through my entire body while he pulled my shirt up and over my head. I was frozen in place on the bed in just my jeans and a sports bra. It was freezing but his radiating body heat was keeping me warm.

I was so caught up in his warmth that I almost screamed when I felt his hands touch my back. I was about to yell at him again when he started to move them. He was just tracing my lower back at first but then he started massaging it. It initially hurt but then it started to feel really good. I accidentally moaned into the pillow and felt Liam laugh on top of me.

"Nice to know how you feel." He said.

"Shut up and keep going, it is actually working."

He kept massaging my back and eventually the pain had subdued itself. It was so peaceful that I almost forgot Liam was on top of me... that is until he left of course. I was so caught up in my blissful warmth that when he got off me I nearly screamed from the cold breeze that followed. I jumped up and ran into the closet as fast as I could. I have no idea where Liam put my shirt so I just put on a jumper.

I walked downstairs, sat on the couch and put soppy love movies on. It came up to a really adorable part and I was almost in tears when Liam walked in with chocolate and tissues. I was so happy that I did start crying and not because of the movie but because of how sweet Liam was.

The next few days were exactly the same, I'd have a shower, Liam would give me a massage and then I would watch movies on the couch all day while Liam was working. It finally came to Friday and my period was officially over and the day before my birthday too. It was the most perfect timing but before I did anything for my birthday I was going to the gym.

I had gained so much weight over the past five days, I didn't even want Liam to see me like this. I was up at the crack of dawn and down at the gym, starting with the treadmill. I ran for two hours on the treadmill, by that time more and more people started to file into the gym. Next was push-ups, sit-ups and weights. I spent one hour on that and decided I should go back to the treadmill. I turned around only to see that all of the treadmills were taken and it looked like they had just started.

I only wanted to use the treadmill but I clearly couldn't so I decided to go for a run. I ran around the border of the pack multiple times. I didn't keep track of time so when I looked at my phone I was shocked to see it said 6:30pm. I ran back to the pack house and hopped straight into the shower. I hadn't noticed how tired I was until I laid down in bed and fell asleep straight away with only one thing on my mind, Where was Liam?