Prologue: Ouroboros

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

(~~Flashback~~)

Within the game of YGGDRASIL, a group of players were currently attempting a raid boss together in order to collect a large amount of rare loot. Each player was perfectly coordinating with each other in order to clear the raid boss within a small amount of time to gain rare drops. However, even with a group of level 90-95 players, they were still struggling against the creature, and they were loosing a large amount of HP.

This group is Ainz Ooal Gown, a guild of heteromorphic players who joined together to fight against the other races within YGGDRASIL. Currently, this group of  dysfunctional adults were attempting to defeat a powerful raid boss known as World Eater on their first try.

As the boss' HP fell below 20%, the group of heteromorphs made one final push in order to finish the creature and gain more XP. Leading the charge was a large skeleton in lilac robes embellished with amber threads. This mysterious undead was Momonga, the guild leader of Ainz Ooal Gown, and he was currently preparing a Super-Tier spell in a desperate attempt to get the final hit on the monster.

Momonga: "[Fallen Down]!!"

As the overlord used his strongest attack, the large raid boss' HP plummeted to zero as the creature began to shatter into tiny specks of glass, and the skeleton instantly began to celebrate by punching the air with immense force.

Momonga: "Yes! I got the last hit!"

Everyone else within the group simply stared at the cheerful skeleton with utter disbelief as they all began to express their anger towards the guild master for his selfishness. However, two specific players were extremely enraged by Momonga's actions...

Ulbert: "Are you serious, Momonga!? I lost money on this raid!!"

Peroroncino: "I know, right!?"

Momonga: "Uhhh....s-sorry guys."

The rest of the guild members gave a long sigh of annoyance, and proceeded to shake their heads in acknowledgement at Ulbert and Peroroncino's sudden outbursts. However, one man within the party, though still angry, decided to speak up in defence of the guild master.

Touch-Me: "Well, Momonga has sacrificed a lot for this guild. If you ask me, he honestly deserves a reward after everything he's done for the team."

In response to the paladin's statement, the rest of the guild began to bicker amongst each other in approval, and eventually nodded their heads.

Ulbert: "Well, I suppose you're right."

Peroroncino: "Yeah, I guess it's alright."

However, as the guild members continued to discuss their recent findings, as well as all the loot and XP they had gained from defeating the raid boss, they suddenly heard a large shriek originating from Momonga. As a result, most of the players quickly shifted their gaze towards the undead in an attempt to identify the issue.

Yet, when they looked back at the skeleton, they soon realised that he was not in any danger, but rather he was excited by something. This caused the rest of the guild to stare in wonder at the overlord as he began to jump with pure anticipation at his recent discovery.