Chapter 6: The Prince Vs The Pleiades, Part 2

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: The image of the skeleton used in this chapter is from the show 'Castlevania', specifically Season 4, and is the design of Death. I don't own the show, the character or the design used within this fanfiction.)

(A/N: Video by 'Zero MS'.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

The entire fighting arena was enveloped in a thick smog of darkness and despair that seemed to latch onto the Pleiades, causing the group of female warriors to flinch out of terror; the Battle Maids had underestimated their opponent, the Prince of Nazarick, and were paying the price for their imprudence.

However, not only were the Pleiades completely blind to their surroundings, they couldn't sense the aura dispersed by the Prince of Death. Meanwhile, Momonga was staring at the mist-covered arena with great unease; he knew that his son held many otherworldly powers, but never expected such a low-level spell to have such catastrophic effects.

Momonga: [Labyrinth Mist]; a 4th tier spell that envelopes everything within a 5-metre-cube in complete darkness. As a side effect, the spell casts a relatively weak [Debuff] upon all living creatures caught within the mist. 

The Guild Master continued staring at the spectacle before him, taking notice of the horror-stricken expressions plastered upon the faces of the Battle Maids. However, Momonga also noticed that the spell appeared to be acting differently compared to when it was used in YGGDRASIL, and the lich's interest was instantly piqued.

Momonga: It seems that Tashimī's rendition of the spell allows him to cover much larger areas of land, whilst also forcing a myriad of high-tier [Debuffs] upon the victims. It even seems to work on non-living creatures, like CZ! This could be quite useful during combat with other nations within this new world.

The Ruler of Nazarick continued to gaze upon the group of female warriors who were still shaking in the presence of Tashimī's enhanced 4th tier spell, his eyes gleaming with delight at the looks of horror that plastered their faces. Momonga had to admit that he rather enjoyed watching the Pleiades whimpering at the power of his son; though they didn't express their feelings through their words, he was completely aware that they hated his son, and were looking forward to hurting him.

The thought of his own friends' creations attempting to harm his son filled him with immense hatred, his death aura leaking from his skeletal form. Noticing the resent and anger growing within himself, Momonga quickly attempted to calm himself down as to not draw any attention towards himself. After a few moments of breathing exercises, the undead finally shifted his full attention back towards the battle.

However, the Guild Master was quickly taken aback by the sudden increase in power that seemed to originate from the arena. Snapping his jaw open in surprise, Momonga decided to cast his [Sense Aura] skill in an attempt to determine the origins of the mysterious -and freakishly-large- power that seemed to burst through the stonework of the arena.

Momonga: "Tashimī's [Labyrinth Mist] is quite powerful. His armour must offer skills to increase the strength of his spells. I must admit, this power is extraordinary for a single entity to wield."

(~~Pleiades POV~~)

The Pleiades were left speechless at the sudden surge of power that coursed through their bodies. One moment they were standing in a mysterious cloud of black smog, then a monumental efflux of magical energy began to permeate the entire arena, causing the Battle Maids to fall upon their knees from the sheer pressure.