Chapter 4: Carne Village, Part 2

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: Video by 'Zero MS'.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

Tashimī had just saved the two girls, Enri and Nemu Emmot, who were attacked within the expansive forest that stood south of Carne Village, and was planning to lend his aid to the unfortunate villagers being slaughtered by the false knights in glistening armour.

However, as Tashimī approached the village, he was suddenly bombarded by a myriad of [message] spells, each one releasing an ear-shattering screech once the Dark Prince responded to their calls. The first one to speak was his father, who was conflicted by the strange cries that permeated from his spell.

Momonga: "Tashimī, you must come back at once!"

Tashimī: "I apologise, father, but the threat has not been dealt with. However, I shall return shortly after I confront these worthless humans and-"

Before Tashimī could finish giving his response to Momonga, he suddenly heard an unbearable screech from another message spell he forgot he'd answered, and quickly recognised the booming cries as none other than the beautiful succubus, Albedo.

Albedo: "PLEASE COME BACK!!"

Tashimī: "Calm down, Albedo! I'll deal with the knights then come straight back, I promise."

As Albedo was preparing to berate the Dark Prince with a bombardment of pleads and prayers, Tashimī disconnected the [message] spell with the succubus and returned to the conversation he was previously having with Momonga.

However, he heard his father release a meek sigh before responding to his son, his voice clearly laced with worry and defeat as he was quite aware that his son would not return until he saved the village.

Momonga: "*Sigh*...alright son, I'll await your return."

Tashimī: "Of course, father."

Ending the [message] spell with his father, Tashimī continued into the small villager, the people screaming as the armoured knights continued to massacre them. However, some knights quickly noticed the draped skeleton approaching the village, and they turned their swords towards him in fearful retaliation of his presence.

Knight: "I-it's an undead!"

Knight: "W-what is it d-doing here?"

However, as the knights continued to question Tashimī's presence, the Dark Prince suddenly vanished before reappearing behind them. Bewildered by the undead's amazing speed, the group of knights called towards their comrades, only to see that Tashimī had reduced them to a useless pile of cracked bone and torn muscle.

Fearful for their own lives, a large group of knights quickly dispersed from their formation in a desperate attempt to escape the mysterious undead's wrath. However, they too fell to the ground in an abundance of pain as Tashimī once again rushed towards them with immense speed, crushing their heads into mush and tore through their brain matter.

As the remaining knights continued to watch the onslaught, they began to shake in fear before a random knight suddenly berated them with orders. This knight just so happened to be a Noble, one of the higher-class citizens within the country, by the name of Belius.