Chapter 2: Introductions

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: Video by 'Zero MS'.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

Momonga reached his hand out towards his son, who quickly took it within his own, before using his guild ring to transport them both to the sixth floor fighting arena. However, Momonga quickly decided that Tashimī should not be discovered yet, and orders him to remain invisible for the time being.

Momonga: I'm honestly still amazed he can hide from even ME!

Momonga quickly realised that when Tashimī uses his racial abilities to turn invisible, he is able to perfectly hide from any creature who may pose a threat. He doubted that ANY of Nazarick's residence would be able to see him, let alone defeat him.

However, the overlord wanted everyone to start on friendly terms, so Tashimī would have to wait until he introduced him to the other guardians and revealed who he was.

As Momonga was still lost in thought, he heard a small giggle originating from a large booth within the fighting arena. Quickly shifting his gaze upon the booth, he saw a blonde-haired Dark Elf child jump down from the booth, and run towards him with incredible speed.

The skeleton mage quickly recognised this child as Aura, one of the dark elf twins that guard the sixth floor, mainly the fighting arena. However, though they wear male clothing, Aura is actually female.

Before Momonga could continue contemplating the dark elf's fashion choice, she suddenly began to speak

Before Momonga could continue contemplating the dark elf's fashion choice, she suddenly began to speak. In response, Momonga simply listened intently, taking in the child's cheerful tones that erupt from her mouth.

Aura: "Hello, Lord Momonga! Welcome to the sixth floor fighting arena!" 

Momonga: "Ah yes, thank you Aura. I shall only intrude for a moment."

Aura's ears seemed to twitch at the guild master's statement. Her lips parted slightly as her face distorted to one of complete disbelief, her eyes widening in the process.

However, within moments, the dark elf's face returned to one of joy as she puffed out her chest with confidence, preparing to boast about her master's greatness.

Momonga: Oh Jesus, here it comes...

Aura: "You can't be serious! you are the supreme ruler of Nazarick, your power here is absolute! There's no one who would see you as an intruder, at least not amongst my brother and I!"