Chapter 1: The New World

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: Video by 'Zero MS'.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

It has been 6 years since Momonga first used ouroboros to create his NPC, who was currently within the treasury, and the undead was currently sitting at a large, marble table consisting of 41 seats. However, except for Momonga's chair, the other seats were empty as all the other members had left years ago due to real life troubles.

Mere moments ago, one of Momonga's closes friends within YGGDRASIL, known as Hero-Hero, had come to visit the Great Tomb of Nazarick to reminisce about the past. However, after only a few minutes of talking, the oozing slime decided to leave as he was too tired to stay awake for much longer.

Once again, the guild master of Ainz Ooal Gown was left alone in the guild hall, staring aimlessly at the large doorway with the feeble hope that someone else will join him during the final hours of the game.

Momonga: "*Sigh*...there's no point in waiting for others to join."

In a moment of pure dejection, Momonga stood up from his chair and walked towards the guild weapon of the Great Tomb; the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. After gazing upon the golden staff for a few moments, he quickly scooped it into his skeletal hands before walking towards the door.

Meekly, the skeleton mage pushed the doors open, and began to walk towards the throne room, before remembering a certain NPC that he created with another one of his good friends. However, Momonga quickly removed the thoughts from his head as he only had roughly twenty minutes before the servers shut down.

Momonga: "Sorry, Ulbert; I don't have enough time to visit Tashimī before everything ends."

Momonga remembered when he first created Tashimī many years ago using the most powerful item in all of YGGDRASIL. The item was ouroboros, and allowed the guild master to create a unique NPC that could rival the power of a raid boss, and serve as the heir to Nazarick's throne.

Momonga: Still, It's nice to think that I at least had a virtual son.

After freeing himself from his bittersweet thoughts, Momonga continued to walk down the hall before coming across a group of maids, and an old man dressed as a butler.

The old man was Sebas Tian, the creation of Touch-Me before he left the guild. Momonga enjoyed watching Touch-Me create Sebas, and was surprised to discover that the tall knight had created the butler personally for the undead.

 Momonga enjoyed watching Touch-Me create Sebas, and was surprised to discover that the tall knight had created the butler personally for the undead