Diluc's Truth - Chapter 14

Y/n walks to Angel share and opens the door. She sees Charles there at the bar. she walks over and sits there. Once served she orders a cider and stares at her glass for a brief moment. she is about to have a drink, but then-

Kaeya: y/n?!
Y/n: k-kaeya?! What are you doing here?
Kaeya: I came for a drink, just like you are?
Y/n: oh sorry, just a little out of it I suppose?
Kaeya: may I join you?
Y/n: sure, why not?
Kaeya: what's on your mind?
Y/n: oh uh nothing
Kaeya: Diluc still giving you a hard time?
Y/n: no actually. He apologised for his behaviour towards me... was rather odd honestly...
Kaeya: oh... then what is troubling you?
Y/n: ...I just saw those posters for the dark night hero? Are the knights of Favonius really wanting to find him?
Kaeya: well some do
Y/n: not you I take it?
Kaeya: not really.
Y/n: what did he do? Why do they want him?
Kaeya: it's silly really
Y/n: what is it?
Kaeya: *sighs* basically the dark night has been taking down any threats that have been coming towards the city. mostly the abyss mages. Some of the Favonius believe that he is making a mockery of the knights. All the focus has been on him. They basically want him to be stopped. Before people start complaining to the knights for not protecting Mondstadt
Y/n: that's ridiculous!
Kaeya: I agree. If this dark night wants to help get rid of the threats to Mondstadt. Then why should we get in the way... it has been happening for a while now. But the Favonius want to put an end to it
Y/n: but he saves people... including me...
Kaeya: h-he did?!

Your POV

I explain to kaeya how the darknight hero saved me when I first moved here. And how he vanished when I thanked him. That part didn't seem to surprise Kaeya. We kept talking for a while and had quite a few drinks together. Kaeya could clearly hold his liquor better then me. I could tell he was still tipsy though. Kaeya is flirtatious. But he becomes more so when he has a bit to drink. Kaeya must have noticed I was slightly drunk. Because he guided me out of the tavern.

Y/n: you didn't need to help me, I'm finnee
Kaeya: y/n, you can barely stand up by yourself. Where is your place?
Y/n: I don't have a place!
Kaeya: then where are you living?
Y/n: oh, Diluc's roooom
Kaeya: what?!
Y/n: yeaahhh he said I could stay there since he doesn't sleep
Kaeya: is that so?
Y/n: yep.
Kaeya: well I definitely wasn't expecting that *chuckles*

They stare into each other eyes. Kaeya notices how beautiful her eyes were. He never noticed before. He holds her closer to him, and takes his hand and runs his fingers through her hair. Moving his head forward he kisses her. At first she kisses him back but then pulls away. Looking back at him

Y/n: I-I'm sorry... I-
Kaeya: you like him don't you?
Y/n: what?
Kaeya: it's ok. I understand... You like Diluc. It's easy to fall for a man that saves your life
Y/n: what? Diluc hasn't saved my life? The only person who saved me was- wait are you saying that Diluc is?!-
Kaeya: *sighs*... he is the darknight hero... yes
Y/n: th-that's why he never sleeps?! And why he always has work to do?! ... and why he didn't want me to tell anyone I was staying in his room... people would grow suspicious!
Kaeya: yeah...
Y/n: w-why didn't you rat him out?! Neither of you seemed that fond of each other?
Kaeya: *sighs* because he is my brother...
Y/n: h-he is your brother?! I-
Kaeya: I'm sorry I was the one to tell you all this... but you had the right to know...
Y/n: oh my god!! I-I can't believe what I'm hearing?!
Kaeya: ...you should tell him how you feel....
Y/n: what?! I- I don't...
Kaeya: don't try to hide it y/n... you are both bad at hiding your feelings...
Y/n: ...what are you talking about?
Kaeya: *sighs* let's get you back to the winery first
Y/n: n-no! Tell me what's going on Kaeya?!
Kaeya: please... not here... people are starting to leave the tavern. I don't want anyone to over hear this...
Y/n: ...fine!

Kaeya escorts y/n back to the winery. He sits her down on a crate before she goes inside.

Y/n: now please... I beg of you... what did you mean?

I was scared to hear the answer. Surely he didn't mean that Diluc-

Kaeya: I didn't want to say anything but... Diluc has feelings for you... I could tell they were strong...
Y/n: b-but he is engaged to Fumiko?!
Kaeya: I know... but he told me it was the only way to save the Winery... he needed the funds to make sure it didn't go bankrupt. So he made a deal with Itsuki... he had no other choice...
Y/n: that's what he meant about another trade in Liyue...
Kaeya: I know this isn't easy to hear...
Y/n: w-what do I do now?! How can I go back there?! I can't be the one to get in the middle of their marriage?!
Kaeya: ... I think you are the only one that can... you should tell Diluc how you really feel... maybe he could make another deal with Itsuki... I might not agree with my brother at times... but I can't stand the thought of him marrying someone he doesn't love...

I run away crying... I could hear a loud mumble coming from kaeyas direction. But I was too full of thoughts to hear. I go into the winery. And towards the study where I hope to see him there. I just need to see him... As I open the door with tears filled in my eyes. I see him there at his desk. He looks up and sees me. His face drops with immediate concern. He rushes to me. And holds me so I don't fall onto my knees crying.

Diluc: y/n?! Are you ok?! Did something happen?!
Y/n: ... you are him aren't you?!
Diluc: what? What are you talking about?!
Y/n: you are the darknight aren't you?!.... ARENT YOU?!
Diluc: ...yes...

I see him go silent, looking down at the floor.

Y/n: ...why did you save me?!
Diluc: ... I didn't want anyone to get hurt... I don't want you... to get hurt...

He looks back at me... I feel the tears in my eyes get heavier. It was hard to keep them open... I hold onto him tighter. My hands moving around him. Embracing him. I take one final look into his eyes. Before I close them again. I lean on my toes to reach his face and kiss his thin lips. I feel his arms get tighter around me. And his body weight resting on mine. He leans down on me, passionately returning the kiss. I feel him slip his tongue into my mouth, as I do the same to him. He lightly bites on my bottom lip when he comes up for air, then returns to lock his tongue with mine. I then feel him pull away from me. Even though I never wanted that moment to end...

Diluc: I'm sorry... I can't...
Y/n: ...is it because of Fumiko?
Diluc: I-it's not just that...
Y/n: then what is it? I don't want to get in between you both... but I also know that... you don't like her...
Diluc: *sighs* you have obviously been talking to Kaeya again... but no... I can tell you've been drinking. And I would never take advantage of a girl who isn't sober...
Y/n: I-I respect you for that...
Diluc: *sighs* I do like you y/n... but I can't end this wedding...

Diluc POV

I hate myself for having to tell her that... there's nothing I want more right now then to kiss her again... but the matter at hand is the winery... I can't lose this place... even if it means marrying a woman I despise... I see her getting more upset... and I hold her in my arms. Trying to comfort her. She starts to lose her balance so I sit her down on the chair in the sitting area. I kneel down to look up at her.

She is starting to fall asleep... I see her also start to shiver. I take my jacket off to wrap over her... I wish that there was something I could do...