Saving The Winery - Chapter 18

It's been 2 days since y/n left the winery. Diluc has cancelled the wedding with Fumiko and all other parts of the trade with Itsuki were cut. Which means that Diluc had to find a new way to make sure the winery didn't go bankrupt. Fumiko was definitely not going to be happy about the cancellation. But none of that mattered to Diluc at the moment. He was more concerned about y/n, he just wanted to know she was safe at this point. Diluc is stressing in the study looking at a map. A worker knocks at the door. Then enter the room

Worker: sir there is a man here to see you.
Diluc: tell him I'm busy...
Worker: they said they are here about the missing girl though sir
Diluc: ... send him in

Zhongli enters the room

Diluc: Zhongli?! You've heard from y/n?!
Zhongli: not exactly...
Diluc: then why are you wasting my time?!
Zhongli: I have a reliable friend let's just say... they know where she is... I only came to tell you that she is safe
Diluc: where is she?!
Zhongli: I'm afraid I can't tell you... she may be safe for now... but if word got around for where she is, it could be dangerous... her only option is to stay there
Diluc: you got to be kidding me?!
Zhongli: I'm not...
Diluc: then can you pass on a message to her?
Zhongli: I'm not sure if I-
Diluc: please... she needs to hear this...
Zhongli: ... what is it?
Diluc: tell her that I will do whatever it takes to have her back... I can't have a life without her in it...
Zhongli: I'll see what I can do...

Zhongli notices some paperwork at the side before he leaves.

Zhongli: what's this?
Diluc: it's nothing...
Zhongli: it looks like bank statements? Are you In debt?!
Diluc: keep your voice down!... I'm trying to find a way to pay it off...
Zhongli: well what if I helped out?
Diluc: I thought you didn't get the whole poverty thing?
Zhongli: I don't... but maybe you could help me learn the concept? Plus it would be quite interesting to invest in something so pungent
Diluc: a-are you sure?
Zhongli: why not? You need money... and I have plenty to spare...
Diluc: what do you want out of this?
Zhongli: what I want... is to create a partnership between two old friends... And maybe some dandelion wine... do we have a deal sir Diluc?
Diluc: yeah... I think we do

They shake hands

Diluc: Morax...
Zhongli: ...how long have you known me by that name?
Diluc: well considering there are statues of you all around Liyue... quite a while
Zhongli: well you are a lot smarter then most... anyways... I'll try and pass the news onto y/n... we can discuss business on Monday
Diluc: ... thank you...

Zhongli leaves. Diluc then leans back in his chair a little more relieved but still concerned about y/n. He was curious as to why she couldn't leave. Wondered if she got in some sort of trouble in the last few days. Back at the inn y/n is in her room, she is sat at a table drawing on a piece of paper. She is drawing Diluc, but she draws his expression from her dream, black eyes and a stern face. She couldn't get it out of her head. As she looks at the drawing, someone storms into her room. When she turns to see who it is, her eyes meet with Xiao's

Y/n: don't you knock?!
Xiao: you need to hide!
Y/n: what? I'm in the room, the only person that goes in here is me... and you apparently...
Xiao: the Sekai Clan are searching for you! Apparently word got out that the girl from another world has gone missing, so they are looking for her. We can't risk you being here! Come on!
Y/n: I-I-Ok

They both run out of the room. They see some men in gold and black clothing at the reception desk. Xiao and y/n run back up the stairs before they saw them. They make their way up to the balcony but see more of the Sekai clan there blocking the waypoint. The only place they could go was back to y/n's room. They rush in and open y/n's window, y/n goes through first and climbs to the top of the roof and Xiao follows. They both look below and see many of the Sekai clan. They clearly couldn't be there for a while. Xiao then takes y/n by the hand and leaps off the roof with her, spreading out their wing gliders, they fly across the area, avoiding the clan.

Your POV

We soar across the area. I was terrified to know what would have happened if I had stayed. But Xiao was right. I couldn't take those chances. I look down and see a familiar face amongst the crowd. A tall woman with light pink hair. I-It was Fumiko!! She was in the Sekai clan?! I-Is Diluc aware of this?! I don't want to know, I'm scared of what the answer would be. Me and Xiao keep gliding across, trying to find somewhere to stay for the time being.

As they fly away, y/n doesn't realise something slip out of her pocket. The drawing of Diluc she drew floats down and lands on the ground not far from where Fumiko stood. Fumiko notices the drawing on the ground and picks it up, closer examining the picture. She looks up as to where the drawing came from and sees y/n with Xiao gliding away. A wicked smile grew on Fumiko's face, as she watched them escape.

Fumiko: let's roll out boys... our work is done here!

Switches back to Diluc in his study. It's the next day. Zhongli rushes in.

Diluc: Zhongli? Did you give the message to y/n?
Zhongli: that's why I'm here! She wasn't there!
Diluc: what?! You said she was safe?!
Zhongli: she was, but when I got there I found out that... the Sekai clan visited there...
Diluc: THE SEKAI CLAN?!! THATS WHO SHE WAS DEALING WITH?!
Zhongli: I know you are mad Diluc, but we need to think rationally about what the best course of action is. We can't just go there on our own.. we might need to get the knights of Favonius to help...
Diluc: ...I trusted you Zhongli... and now look at what's happened...
Zhongli: I truly am sorry... you have permission to lash out at me later. But right now, we need to go before we run out of-

Before Zhongli could finish his sentence. They hear a woman's voice from outside interrupting them.

Woman: Lucccyyyyy!!!

Both of the men rush outside to follow the voice. Once they get to the front of the winery, what is seen in front of them, was a sight they would never forget.

(Some of you have probably realised already but I have been posting on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Well think are getting a little interesting so I don't want you guys to wait so much so I'll be posting 3 times a week no. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This chapter is a little later then other chapters but that's because I been busy all day lol. Also thanks for all the views and votes I got lately. It's a lot more then I had expected. Means a lot. Thank you)