Chapter 4: oh dear mother.

-tw: talks about cheating. Skip this chapter if that makes you uncomfortable. Also talks about alcohol at the end of the chapter.-

1 year in the past.

"Why would you do this to us Rose? Were we not enough? Was our son not important to you anymore?"

I could hear my parents yelling. It was 12 am. And they had been yelling for the past hour. At first it was about how my dad was working a lot. But now I think it's about my mom. I'm not sure what though.

"I was tired of you! Not George! All you do is work. You never have time for me. So I needed someone to actually have time for me!" My mom never yelled this loud. I could hear her begin to cry.

"You could've asked! You didn't need to go sleep with some other guy! You only thought that this would affect me! It'll effect George too! OUR SON ROSE!"

Oh. So this was now about my mom cheating. How could she have done this. I needed her. I know my dad wouldn't want her here any more.

"Please don't leave me rose. I'll make time for you. I need you." Now my dad was crying. My mom didn't care. All she cares about was getting out. I thought my dad would kick her out but instead it was him begging for her to stay.

"I don't want you. I'm not sure if I even want George."

Now that hit hard. My heart dropped. The words make me tremble and cry. That's when I texted Alex. My girlfriend was asleep right now and right now I needed someone. Which was Alex.

You
Wake up. Come pick me up.
12:36 am seen

Alex🤢
Im awake. I'm coming. Wait a few.
12:38 am

I could rely on Alex. If I told him I needed something he did it. No questions asked. If I told him to pick me up at 12 am he'd do it. And I'd do it for him.

"I'm leaving in the morning I don't need you or George. I never needed you."

But after she said that they continued to fight. Alex locked on my window. I opened it and we got in his car.

I broke down and cried in front of Alex. The only person I had. The one thing that hasn't broken in front of me yet.

"Hey what's wrong?" His voice was calm. Reassuring.

"My mom." I hiccuped. Nothing felt right. Everything felt wrong.

"She cheated on my dad. She's leaving isn't eh morning. She never wanted me Alex. I loved her. She was amazing. She sang me to sleep. Now I know all of that meant nothing. She never loved me. She hated me. I hate her." I couldn't breath. Everything was falling apart. Tears tasting salty. Everything wasn't ok.

"Hey it's ok. Screw your mom. You'll get through this. I believe in you." Alex said while hugging me. One thing felt right. And that was this friendship.

—two months after the incident with his mother—

I didn't mean to see her kissing him. I just happened to be there in the same store seeing them kiss and hug while they were in cereal isle.

I left. Running. Crying.

You
Meet me at the park.
4:52 pm seen

Baby❤️
Ok babe see you there! 💕
4:56 pm

Love didn't work. Showed by two people. Two men that fell in love and got their hearts thrown at them. As if we were trash. And many others that will get their hearts thrown at the ground and smashed by their significant other feet.

"I didn't mean to see you there."

"What? Are you ok George."

I wasn't ok. I was staring at the ground hoping that this was a nightmare. Hoping that she wouldn't make me look up because I'd been crying for the past hour. I hadn't told Alex this yet.

"I saw you with him Layla. Kissing him." The words made it seem more real than it should've been. It hurt.

"Oh." She didn't deny it. She didn't fucking deny it.

"George I'm sorry." Her voice used to be as sweet as honey. Now it was just poison to my ears. Something that made we want to cry until i couldn't breathe.

"Was I not enough?" I still didn't want to make eye contact with her.

"You were. At one point you were George. You made me happy but then I found-"

I couldn't listen to this.

"You found someone better and you decided to cheat on me." I was mad. I wasn't ok. If I could punch something I would.

"George I'm sorry."

"Do you- do you love him?" I was scared of the answer but I knew it already. I looked up at her.

"I- well- yes." I saw my mother. My mother saying I didn't matter to her.

"Good luck Layla. I needed you. I fucking wanted you and I loved you so much. God, I thought that you loved me too. It was lie. Don't try and ever talk to me ever again." And with that I walked away. Not looking back because I knew if I did I'd run back to her.

You
I hate this Alex. I hate everything.
5:23 pm seen

Alex🤢
Call.
5:23 pm

Incoming call: Alex🤢

I answered it.

He could hear me sniffling and not being able to breath well.

"What's wrong George?"

"It's like every girls want to ruin my life Alex."

"What?"

"She cheated."

"Holy shit George. We can beat up the guy. You know what you're too good for her. You're so amazing and she isn't. She doesn't deserve you."

"Thanks Alex. Do you have alcohol at your house?"

"Everyday."

Drugs and alcohol were the way to go when I felt like shit. I rarely do drugs though. I know nothing is going to get any better any time soon. I'll have to wait.

— woah that was a lot. The "her" that George was talking about in last chapter 2 I think is the chapter um it's about his ex. How she had the most beautiful smile but clays was even better. This is a serious topic though. Don't drink or so drugs just to feel numb is not a good coping mechanism. Don't cheat on people.

Drink some water.